Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this hobby last weekend. I went to a large outdoor flea market and found about 100 Hot Wheels loose in a box for 10 dollars for the whole box. Here are two pics showing the oldest ones. They are all real nice condition. These range from the 1970's to the 1980's.

Today I went to the same flea market and found a box of hotwheels mint on cards for a dollar each. There must have been at least 400 of them. I bought about 70 of them that I thought were the best and passed on the other 300 or so. Have' had time to take pics of them yet.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Nice! Love the black Vipers and if that 99 Mustang is blue it was a shorter run color variation than the more common purple version.

I have alot of cars from that vintage I'd love to get a buck each for them. :)

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
great way to start out a collection!

just for yer info....

I don't see any cars from the 70's or 80's in those loose ones....if you are looking at the base of the car and going by that, that is not really the year of that car, that's just the year the car was first made... most all Hot Wheels castings are re-used over and over, but they leave the original year cast into the bottom. just looking at the pics of the cars u said were "the oldest'...I'd say all of those are from the 1990's on up...plus, any 70's or even 80's cars all have the original redline or blackwall style wheels... all those in the pic came along in the 90's

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
here's a quick pic of some I found at a yard sale for like 10 cents each...

these are the 70's/80's style blackwall original wheels...except for the 3 of the left,
they are the 80's style called 'Hot Ones'

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
I think the last regular issue was a burgandy colored one that had the old style blackwalls on the rears and newer 5 spoke wheels on the front.

They did put out a RLC version available only on-line from the over-priced Hot Wheels Country Club,...er...redline club:rolleyes:

·
Banned
231 Posts
The Semi is called a Thunder Roller and it did sell for $14.99 + S/H on the HWC web site but it also came on the basic card a few times in the last 10 or so years. Should be able to find a few on the bay for $3 and up. Here is a few pics. Don't go crazy as there are many out there so take your time.

·
Registered
538 Posts
fly__life said:
The Semi is called a Thunder Roller and it did sell for $14.99 + S/H on the HWC web site but it also came on the basic card a few times in the last 10 or so years. Should be able to find a few on the bay for $3 and up. Here is a few pics. Don't go crazy as there are many out there so take your time.

I've got a few extras of the basic carded maroon one. Somewhere around here. :dude:

·
Registered
85 Posts
the little one loves anything truck related be it rig's, jeeps, construction vehicles. i had forgotten about these. guess i'll be doing a new search for this big rig...lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts