Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine is wanting to get into rc for the very firlst time, and im trying to get him to start out with electric... well he want gas maybe just for the sound, i dont know.... hes looking at an 1/8 scale raminator... what should he do???? start out with gas or electric?... and which vehicle should he choose.... thanks guys for any input

·
Registered
69 Posts
traxxas, hpi, and losi are all very user-friendly companies that your friend will enjoy. I would definitely start with electric, then move to nitro once he's experienced enough.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i say electric frist, there easyer to dill with, and cost less to get strated. i main you pay like 300-500 for a good elec motor and esc up grade. where are you spend that for just one part for a gas. then haft to pay for gas and all that. well you know all that.

all i know elec the only thing you haft to worry about it overheating the esc and motor. next to chassi were and tear

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ran electric cars and trucks for years when i was younger......they are easy, but the only thing that stinks is battery life and re charging all the time. and with all the lipo stuff out there today, batteries arent cheap.
the raminator is a great 1/8 scale sarter truck....i have an aftershock. basically same thing with different rims and tires. they are easy to tune, and very durable. i dont abuse mine, but it will take a beating....plus losi has a ton of aftermarket parts and if he wants to race with it in the future, the lst and lst2 truck parts all fit right on.. just my thoughts though......i would just let him decide before he rushes out to buy something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A brushless rustler with two-cell lipo is cheaper than a nitro and runs for 30-45 minutes... and a nitro has to recharge also for the electronics on it...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the Traxxas Rustler,stampede and slash...I like them all but my Stampede is the best IMO.I get about 30 min with my 2s4000 and about 40 min with my 3s5000 on a VXL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
lipos have considerable run times now-a-days......which is great if you are into electric. I had them, and i just like the noise from nitro's. i raced dirtbikes for years and when i got back into r/c i decided to go with nitro. i like knowing that i can tune my engine and have some control over my performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts