Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited or borrowed a go-kart from my brother in law and I was looking for some cheap, easy performance tips to get the most out of the engine. (Motor is probobly a 3.5 Brigs).

Thanks, Chet

·
Registered
530 Posts
cheap header-3/4" pipe out of the exhaust flange. will make it loud, but adds a good bit of low-end to it.

if its not already done, disconnect the governor to it and let it rip. go straight from the top butterfly on the carb. cometkartsales.com has a kit for mounting it this way.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Can't wait to try out those mods. Also I will be running on an asphalt track so I need to get some slicks too

Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
If its a briggs you can advance the timing one to 7 degrees for a buck fifty id try a 2 degree offset flywheel key. dont want to over do it. its a bit of a guessing game but cheep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts