Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I remember reading sometime ago that if one purchased a master case of 4 inners of Greenlight product, he (or she) was assured a Green Machine in one of those 4 inners. Is this no longer the case? ANY info would be most appreciated!

Franky

·
Registered
631 Posts
Man Franky that just plain ole sucks!!! Was the master case resealed? Also did the offer on buying a master guarantee you a gm?? Kinda sounds like foul play or ???? Keep us posted please!!!

GEW
GREENLAND

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, everything looked to be sealed up tight! I usually only buy 3 inners at a time (1 for me, 2 for a friend who also collects GLs) and have always gotten a GM in one of the three inners. This time I decided to go for 4 to ensure the GM, and didn't get one. I trust the seller for sure - I once got a resealed inner that contained the invoice, but right under that invoice was a GM. The seller has never guaranteed the GM though... I thought that was something from Greenlight. Looks like I'd better do some more research before my next order!!!

Franky

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An Update:

I heard back from the seller less than an hour after I asked. Apparently, 2 other buyers got master cases w/o green machines, and of the 3 masters he opened, only 1 had a GM. His contact at Greenlight told him that most master cases "should" have a GM, but there is no guarantee.

Its really a shame that Greenlight would put this seller in such a crappy situation. I've bought from him many times before, and will continue to do so, but if this is the direction Greenlight is headed, with the constant production increases and leaving their loyal customers hanging, I'll be buying some other product instead.

C'mon Greenlight - you guys started on such a roll! Don't pull an RC2 and alienate your customer base!!!

Franky

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, Franky. I know the master case doesn't come cheaply and to not get a GM really bites. There is, however, an e Bay seller who sells master cases with the guarantee of a GM. I think his name is something like "pjpattenbug".

Cheers,
Adam (gr6120)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Franklin2700 said:
An Update:

I heard back from the seller less than an hour after I asked. Apparently, 2 other buyers got master cases w/o green machines, and of the 3 masters he opened, only 1 had a GM. His contact at Greenlight told him that most master cases "should" have a GM, but there is no guarantee.

Its really a shame that Greenlight would put this seller in such a crappy situation. I've bought from him many times before, and will continue to do so, but if this is the direction Greenlight is headed, with the constant production increases and leaving their loyal customers hanging, I'll be buying some other product instead.

C'mon Greenlight - you guys started on such a roll! Don't pull an RC2 and alienate your customer base!!!

Franky
that really bites.IMO that would be the only reason to buy a master case and if that starts happening their pre-sales I`m sure will go down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Official Word on Green Machines

Hi Everyone -

Sorry for any miscommunication and misunderstanding concerning our Green Machines. Hopefully the information below will be clear to everyone.

Green Machines are 2% of our 1:64 scale production run. It has always been this way. This 2% works out to 1 Green Machine per 50 cars, as you know our cases consist of 48 cars, thus some cases are left without a Green Machine. If we guaranteed a Green Machine in every case this would up the 2% and not make the Green Machines as rare. We want to keep everyone as happy as possible, but we also want to ensure the exclusivity of the Green Machines.

Thanks for all of your support and keep the comments coming! We are listening!

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Katie, whats the total Production Of the REG. run cars???? MCG ser.3 Thanks!!!!

GREENLIGHT said:
Hi Everyone -

Sorry for any miscommunication and misunderstanding concerning our Green Machines. Hopefully the information below will be clear to everyone.

Green Machines are 2% of our 1:64 scale production run. It has always been this way. This 2% works out to 1 Green Machine per 50 cars, as you know our cases consist of 48 cars, thus some cases are left without a Green Machine. If we guaranteed a Green Machine in every case this would up the 2% and not make the Green Machines as rare. We want to keep everyone as happy as possible, but we also want to ensure the exclusivity of the Green Machines.

Thanks for all of your support and keep the comments coming! We are listening!

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
not to be bashing or picky in any way, but doesn't it go to show you how rare the GM's are when you can go through a master case and not find one? unlike other companies where each case has like 4 of the trademarked chase cars in it?

When you have 3500 cars, 2% is 70 GM's, do the math out again.. 3500 equals (roughly) 73 "master" cases. which would mean even with 1 per master case would leave 3 cases that wouldn't have 1 in them... then take into account that some master cases have 4 inners, and maybe 2, or 3 of those inners has a GM... then the # of master cases with the odds of it not having one would then also increase.

So as Katie mentioned, which would you prefer, more GM's to insure every case has a GM, be like other companies that concider "1 of 2500" a "chase car", or as is to leave the GM's as rare as they started out to be and should continue to be to retain their appeal and (if applicable) value?

O believe me, i understand your gripe, but i don't think thats a reason to all of a sudden stop collecting GL's when they have done so much more since they started out than other companies have done since they have been in business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts