Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, most of you guys are probably pretty spoiled with pre-glued tires already on the rims/wheels. But, for those of you that do buy donuts, what do you recommend for glue? I'll be using BSR (black) and RC4Less (orange) wheels.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Now, most of you guys are probably pretty spoiled with pre-glued tires already on the rims/wheels. But, for those of you that do buy donuts, what do you recommend for glue? I'll be using BSR (black) and RC4Less (orange) wheels.
Dap contact cement works great.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
thats what we use to do. just do the rim and the tire and let them set until dry . dip them in some acetone just before you slide them on and they'll slid on real smooth.:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

I used lacquer thinner but other than that pretty much the same. Be sure you rough up the rim with heavy grit sand paper before you put on the glue. I want to say I used 60 grit or something like that.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
...I use to mount all of my own, and haven't used the DAP Cement, but the same basic process... (We used "Wetsuit" Cement , and it held GREAT)

I would suggest getting a KIMBROUGH Tire Horn, or cutting down a funnel to help slide the donut over the wheel.

Dip the Wheel , then the HORN , then the TIRE in the acetone/lacquer thinner

Slide together, and rotate the wheel 1/4 turn inside the tire to help make sure ALL the glue is activated.

(I usually let them set up overnight before truing or using...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts