Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Another idea is to use a hot glue gun it puts a nice bead and not messy and you can buy 100 glue sticks for $1.50. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like hot glue. Also after having a 1300 dollar helli go down from exhaust oil getting in my battery Pac I dip them in rubber tool dip to 100% seal them up.

·
Registered
101 Posts
briano- you have to use a very high temp glue. if you don't the glue heats up with the battery temp. also, try making sure the shrink is clean and dry.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Do you guys put the individual shrink wrap on also? I just did 2 packs and didn't put the extra shrink on the cells because I couldn't get them on. Or is there a trick for that?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppler
I like hot glue. Also after having a 1300 dollar helli go down from exhaust oil getting in my battery Pac I dip them in rubber tool dip to 100% seal them up.

this sounds like a good idea in theory but batteries need to breathe and if they cant breathe i believe they can explode especially when charging them. so be careful.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts