Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
when assembling with shoe go i have found it to be best to do it before you do the bars.. i use an old pan car chassis plate. i set the cells on it while glued.. i hve found this gives the perfect cell spacing to fit into cars.. it is also nice because you can keep the cells tight against the grafite so there totally inline..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I Know i am a bad driver!! LOL I just need a good setup and i am sure i can do the rest at the wheel i am not a bad drive it is just a crap setup? I am not a good chassi guy wish i was because i think i could make the A main if i could set the car up good? When can be a aprt of team 595 again?

Brandon

·
Registered
354 Posts
I Have Not Treid The Shoe Goo. I Cant Find It Anywhere. I Have Been Using Gorilla Glue. They Have It At Lowes And Home Depot. Just Use A Little!!! To Much And They Will Stay Where You Sit Them Down At Forever!! Kinda Like That Old Penny Glued To The School Desk Trick. (man I Hated That)

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I know that a couple stores in my area sell a product called something like XP2000 that IS the same thing as the ShoeGoo. Shoe Goo should be in EVERY tool box, at every track.

I use it to glue my switch to the speed control, my power capacitor (For the Spektrum) to the chassis. (I just put one in Each Car)

It's great because you take break it loose and roll it with your fingers to get it off (unlike Superglue or something)

·
Livin in an Altered State
702 Posts
Plumbers Goop is the same as Shoe Goo. You can find it at any home improvement store.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Shoe Goo too?

BOB LEE 00 said:
I Have Not Treid The Shoe Goo. I Cant Find It Anywhere.
Bob, First off, Welcome to Hobby Talk, I told you there was info on everything here.

Believe it or not almost every Wal-Mart carries shoe goo. Even most of the employee's have no idea what you're asking for and will tell you they don't carry it. Look in the shoe department in the area where they stock shoelaces and other shoe care products. Usually it's on a freestanding display with other products near the front of the shoe dept. Kmart used to carry it in the sporting goods section but I have'nt seen it in any Kmarts in years.

The Goop Bud(Hi Bud)mentioned is also good or so I've heard but I haven't used it.

And you have new packs to build? :thumbsup: Somebody wants 34 laps in stock huh?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
plumbers goop has been working well for me. you can pick that up at just about any plumbing supply store.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You'll need one with a removeable stem. Make sure your packs are all laid out the way you want them. Just squeeze some shoe goo into the tube, add a little more than you think you'll actully need so it flows out smooth. Make's a nice bead, just like using a chaulking gun. The syringe I use was one I got with diff lube, IRS I belive.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Goop is all the same formula !

Eclectic solutions is just a great marketing co. so they market it under shoe goo , automotive goop , marine goop , plumbers goop , ect , ect. Buy the cheapest available .

·
Registered
232 Posts
I usually just put a small bead right out of the tube along the side of one cell and shove the other cell into it. It's also great if you should happen to develop a body tear, sort of like a goo weld.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts