Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is......
This past Sunday (October 3rd, 2004) the club's bus was in place to start the unloading and setup process for this years indoor season. HOWEVER.... There's a slight difference this year. Our new winter facility will also be our new spring, summer and fall home. We'll be having year round indoor carpet racing.

Here's the address.....
We'll be conveniently located in the "Rivertown Sports Complex" at
2605 Sanford Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, Michigan
To find it on map quest you may have to use Grandville as the City? I think the facility in right on the boarder.

Here's a few of the buildings great features:
Smooth flat concrete floors
Large track size of 40' X 100'
24' ceilings
NO poles
Great lighting
His/Her bathrooms
Snack Bar (NOT run by the GLRC)
Ground floor access
Centralized pit system
Security alarm
Fresh coat of paint on pit tables and track boarders

We've spoken with the Oval powers to be!
OVAL will be added into our format, and will
be scheduled to run on FRIDAY EVENINGS.

Also, anybody interested in bringing back the "Michigan 500"?

How about GLRC holding this years ROAR carpet oval Regional race?
(We've emailed Kenny asking about the requirments already)

Get those cars dusted off, Oval is going to happen Grand Rapids.

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Michigan 500 was an event that took place some years ago.
It was modeled after the Daytona 500 except we called it the MI. 500.
Back in the Rivertown day's it was a trophy race that boasted some 100 plus racers and in its prime was a three day affair.

·
Registered
404 Posts
can someone answer me this one thing as to why all the tracks in michigan have to run oval on friday nites !! ( except for mt pleasant they run saturdays once a month ) i know a lot of guys who work and have a hard time making friday nite races because of start time and travel .. this is just one persons opinion

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We knew what ever day was determind to run an oval program not everyone would be happy with it. After talking with some of the racers I know and some that would have to drive 45 minutes to get to Grand Rapids, Friday's seemed to be the night of choice. Also part of the determining factor to help us make a decision was that Lansing, Kalamazoo and Mt Pleasant are all about a 45 minute drive from Grand Rapids. We also took into consideration that the natural progression of track building would be (oval), (set up road course) and then add jumps for stadium trucks. Leaving Sunday's open for any special programs that we may come up with or attrack.

Maybe you guys could give me an idea of a start time that would let you be able to participate in our oval program?

·
Michigan Mafia
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
davz said:
When's the first race??? What time Fridays?
Dave, I'm thinking October 15, 2004 will be the first race. As far as start time, that has yet to be determind. I'll post it just as soon as I can, hopefully tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
7:30 works for me, I'm going to plan on being there on the 15th. I might be able to bring a couple people.

·
Registered
170 Posts
what do most of you guys like to run 4 or 6 cell? mod, 19t or stock? i've never run oval before but i think i would like to try it out

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
knapster said:
That's great Dave. What car are you running these day's?
Been running Hyperdrive SSE Pro2, but as of this weekend, looking for a change. I'm not real certain on which direction to go.
Hopefully Friday, I'll have a new car to try out!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.