Hobbyist Forums banner

What are you going to do?

  • I plan on getting or already have a brushless for my sedan

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I plan on staying brushed with my sedan

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I plan on getting or already have a brushless for my truck

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I plan on staying brushed with my truck.

    Votes: 4 28.6%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GLRC: how many plan on running brushless 2 (revised)

Hey guys,

If you know me I run stock truck. I am in a possition right now to where I can get a Novak GTX or a brushless system. I want to get a brushless but they are expensive, and besides the guys who race truck with them can't get it together.

Vote on what you plan to do.

-Dustin K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Dustin said:
Hey guys,

If you know me I run stock truck. I am in a possition right now to where I can get a Novak GTX or a brushless system. I want to get a brushless but they are expensive, and besides the guys who race truck with them can't get it together.

Vote on what you plan to do.

-Dustin K.
just look out next week!,I'm getting the hang of it. Did you know I missed the scoring loop 3 times in the main,jumped over it! Honest, ask David
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
-- TRUCK PRO-STOCK - B Main -- Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 17 5:04.02 Dustin Koster
2 3 17 5:04.67 Erik Katt
3 7 14 5:05.05 Jason Busch
4 8 12 5:21.33 Jerry Hauch
-- 5 --- DNS --- Andrea Lonergan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
bustedparts said:
-- TRUCK PRO-STOCK - B Main -- Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 17 5:04.02 Dustin Koster
2 3 17 5:04.67 Erik Katt
3 7 14 5:05.05 Jason Busch
4 8 12 5:21.33 Jerry Hauch
-- 5 --- DNS --- Andrea Lonergan

dustin just to let u know jason should of won he jumped over the loop 3 times in the 2 minute i was marshaling ther so i dont know how many times he jumped it in the other 3 minutes i wasn't there
:confused: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David Washburn said:
dustin just to let u know jason should of won he jumped over the loop 3 times in the 2 minute i was marshaling ther so i dont know how many times he jumped it in the other 3 minutes i wasn't there
:confused: :confused:
Yet another reason why brushless is not right for our track.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
I changed my mind,i will not get a brushless for the truck,I am going to work on the truck and my driving skills.I think if I add more power than what I have I am going to run into more troubles than what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am really, considering getting a brushless. I have ignored it in the past but it becomes more of a good idea the longer it think about it. Especially in the long run price wise:

*Brushes every other week: $3.00
*new arm every other month: $15.00
*Spare backup motor:$30.00
*Ect...........$?.??

Besides the guys at the track who are doing bad with brushless are wreckless because, the are too stuburn to turn the ESC down :rolleyes:, there radios may not have the right adjustments to turn down the motors torque, or they may just have a bad setup. Besides with brushless the ESC has a lifetime warrenty, you don't need to do any maintinence or buy any brushless, and racing would strickly be based on pure skill and setup. It's something I may do.

-Dustin K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
Dustin said:
I am really, considering getting a brushless. I have ignored it in the past but it becomes more of a good idea the longer it think about it. Especially in the long run price wise:

*Brushes every other week: $3.00
*new arm every other month: $15.00
*Spare backup motor:$30.00
*Ect...........$?.??

Besides the guys at the track who are doing bad with brushless are wreckless because, the are too stuburn to turn the ESC down :rolleyes:, there radios may not have the right adjustments to turn down the motors torque, or they may just have a bad setup. Besides with brushless the ESC has a lifetime warrenty, you don't need to do any maintinence or buy any brushless, and racing would strickly be based on pure skill and setup. It's something I may do.

-Dustin K.
once those guys figure out that it has a variable speed throttle instead of a on/off switch they will start doing good. Getting use to driving it is hard because with stock you have to mash the throttle because they are slow, a brushless is extremly fast and has no drag when you let off so you need to learn to use brakes too! :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top