Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Glow paint from GLOW INC. The effect is great, BUT it is very gritty and needs many applications to avoid a speckle effect . I does glow all night though. Is there any glow paint that I could buy that is not gritty?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Yes, I had the waterbased stuff a long time ago. But I notice they have solvent based paints which are IMHO probably smoother...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Can you clearcoat glow paint to get it smooth? Or will the clearcoat cause problems with the wat it reacts to light?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I found some colored glow paints in an art shop that aren't terribly gritty. They don't glow very brightly, and the color is dim. But they're not gritty. A trade-off I guess.

I did thin down the grittier brightly glowing paint for the floor and back wall of my Polar Lights Bride of Frankenstein. This worked REALLY well for my purposes.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The Glow is amazing! It will last all night! I've used it on the head of my Man Made Monster resin kit, and I'm using it on the Glow in the Dark Moebius Invisible Man! It's cool to see the rat's skeletons glow!!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the early D&D days Poly S (the pre cursor to Poly Scale paints) made something like "radioactive skeleton yellow" which was a cool glow yellow paint...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts