Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Global Way International Ltd was formerly associated with Canton Chang Sheng Toys and now with Guangzhou Changshen Toys Manufactue Company, Limited. They were founded around 1984. Their head quarters are located in Hong Kong and the factory is set up in Guangzhou at NO. 8, Industry Broadway, XinHua Town, HuaDu District, Guangzhou City, China and occupies an area of over 65, 000 square feet.

They are one of the known makers of the 'pancake' type diecasts. Known as such because the body sides appear smashed down and out of proportion to the rest of the casting. They are usually packaged to be visible only from the top side. And are distributed under various names with the Global Way International Logo - depicting a stylized antelope. Sometimes the logo is also found on the casting base.

An unspecified relationship with LiHONGJi and TGH is also made by The Diecast Encyclopedia.

Sourced references -

China Toys manufacturer, Toy Cars, Yoy Cars supplier - Global Way International Ltd. (Guangzhou Changshen Toys Manufacture Co., Ltd. )
Encyclopedia of Small-Scale Diecast Motor Vehicle Manufacturers - Sahakangas, Foster & Weber (2006)

·
Administrator
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An assortment of boxed sets are shown at their web site as Turbo Racers as of this post date.

Motor Wheels

Illegible

Motorcross

Old Timers and Classic Car

Construction

·
Administrator
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Super Car

Airport Play Set

Emergency Transporter (Set)

·
Administrator
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen images of the Old Timers set before and the attribution that they are larger in size then those made by High Speed et al, but typically identical in color and design. I have one in hand now that I will add to the post later on. And it is indeed much larger than the High Speed et al castings.

·
Administrator
32,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also grabbed this image from their recommend products crawl.

There are additional colors shown above but they appear to be the same type as this set of clear pull backs I purchased last year at a Wal Mart under the Celebrate brand as a party favor pack. The front end details differ though.

Celebrate! Pull Back Cars
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts