Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glenwood RC offroad in Western NY (Springville, NY) Electric and Nitro

WNY finally has a indoor off road track for both electric and nitro. Glenwood RC in Springville, NY
Hobby shop on site "Glenwood Hobbies"

Racing every Saturday
Track opens at 8:30 AM
Electric practice 9 AM - 11 AM - Racing starts promptly at 11:30 AM
Nitro practice 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM - Racing starts promptly at 6:00 PM
Classes:
Electric:
1/10 2wd stadium truck stock
1/10 2wd buggy stock
1/10 4wd buggy open
micro open
*Car count dictates classes. If mod classes take off we will run them. Micros will be broken up as car count dictates.
Nitro:
1/10 2wd nitro stadium truck
1/10 4wd nitro
open monster (preferably small block) Revo, T-Maxx, LST, ECT.

We will run 1/8 scal buggy 2 times this winter. We will post the dates, they will be run similar to full size heads up drag racing.. shoot out fashion with eleminations. We will post the rules.
Map of the track

Schedule, rules and more info can be found here
Some pictures

·
Registered
55 Posts
we will be having a trophy race the 17th of februrary . entire A main goes home with hardware , top 3 in lower mains . there will be a lot of good fast local competion as well as many fast canadians coming down . sure to be a blast . classes are 4wd mod electric buggy , 2wd buggy and 2wd truck .

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Hey Brian, do you guys only race on sat.? I want to come run before indoor is over, but you know how it is since we run on sat. too. Hope to see you sometime.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't type this so any errors are not mine

just wanted to start posting a few details about this event . first off , entire A main will recieve hardware . top 3 in lower mains . we are going to try and change the layout for the event , to even everybody back out and to make it fair . ( were gonna try and top this 1 ) . there will be no tuesday and thursday practice , but there will be practice friday evening . we have alot of interest from our fellow canadian racers , somewhere between 15 - 20 guys from up north are coming as well as from fast guys from down state . track opens at 8am and registration closes at 10:45am .special event is for electric only on the 17th , nitro trophy race the following saturday . ( in interest of time ) . race ffes and rules will be posted by tommorrow . if youve ever seen a glenwood trophy , there pretty nice , should be an AWESOME event !!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE TROPHY RACE LOGISTICS

CLASSES

4wd open buggy - ( no motor limit )
2wd stock buggy - ( 27 turn or brushless equivalent )
2wd 19t buggy
2wd stock truck - ( 27 turn or brushless equvalent )
2wd 19t truck

ENTRY FEE :
$ 20.00 first class - $15.00 each additional

TROPHYS

ENTIRE A MAIN GOES HOME WITH HARDWARE

b main - top 3

c -main top 3

qualifying will be rocket round - ( your fastest time places you in your main )

will be running bump - ups , TOP 2 BUMP FROM EACH LOWER MAIN

at least 3 rounds of qualifying , maybe 4 depending on car count .

tech will be enforced , first , second and random in class - immediatly following race .

THERE WILL BE NO NITRO RACING OR MICROS

NO LI-PO BATTERIES.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey ryan !!! hope all is going well , dude . it sucks both of us run on the same day . alot of us are coming down for your 1/8 scale cash race . believe me , im dying to get some laps 1/8 scale style . we may have a sunday race , possibly a handout race . not sure yet . oh ,

stock brushless is legal in stock class .

19t for the trohy race has been replaced with open mod. come on up, should be an absolute riot !!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
trophy race is only days away !!! fresh layout and some polishing of the facility will be done by tommorrow . look forward to meeting some guys from this board .

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I had an awesome time. This event was very well run and every thing went smoothly. The track was the best around and I will be back again. I just wish it was closer. I didn't get home untill 3 am.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks alot to everyone that came up for the race . the event went great and was good to see some familiar faces from ashtabula as well as pa and canada . we will hopefiully see you guys again , maybe for our trophy niro race this weekend !!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
NITRO TROPHY RACE THIS WEEKEND ( FEB. 24 )

track opens at 9am saturday

registration closes at 11 am

racing promptly at noon .

3 qualifiers and bump up mains

entry fee $20.00 first $15.00 second

only 2 classes , monster and 1/10 scale gas truck

see ya there !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks to everyone that came to Glenwoods first indoor trophy race. It was an awesome event. The racing was fast and close. Very glad to see some familar faces.
I thought the track was super dialed! So much fun to race, flowed very well and was fast.

70 entries for the event. Not too shabby if you ask me!

Video 4wd B main!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for coming up Mark! It was a tough battle between you and I. The restart really thru me for a loop! I had an excellent start the first time. And well you know what happen after the restart. You were fast, couldn't real you in, made a few too many mistakes.

I think Glenwood might have another trophy race sometime in April.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts