Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up for a few bucks at a contest, mostly because I liked the box art.

It's an odd little kit - molded completely in clear plastic (everything, including the tires!) with some fit and alignment issues.

I tried to make the best of it, and put it in some Celluclay water to try and resemble that attractive box art as much as possible. Hope you like it!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
That looks great. The Glencoe kit is a reissue of a very very old Lindberg kit. None of the Lindberg civilian planes (they did a bunch like the Sea Bee, Ryan Navion, Monocoupe, etc.) had clear parts. You were supposed to paint the windows. Glencoe molded the kit in clear so you could scratch build an interior if you wanted.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Another 'Well done', and love the display as well. Haven't done any Celluclay for quite some time. Love working with the stuff, and now I'm inspired to do something with it. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another 'Well done', and love the display as well. Haven't done any Celluclay for quite some time. Love working with the stuff, and now I'm inspired to do something with it. Thanks!:)
Thanks! Yes, I like Celluclay a lot. Cheap, easy to use, water wash-up, and the same stuff can be ground OR water, depending on how you paint and finish it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts