Hobbyist Forums banner

What motors and batteries do we want to run for rookies?

• spec packs and spec motors

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • spec packs and stock motors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • that same as we ran this year (3800 pack, stock motors)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
OK rookies let's hear what you want !! We want the racing to be as fun as it can be yet as competitive as it can be. We also want to make things easier for those young racers and thier sponcors (parents).

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I know I dont race at Glen Burnie often, but why not adopt the Arcor Spec class? That would allow the races to travel on the ORL tour, and even down here to Thunder Road without changing anything. Spec Packs and motors are very available, and very cheap. Just my 2 cents on it.

Joel White

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
great class... we run that class weekly at the strand. they are roughly 2 laps off the pace from 4 cell stock. some of you guys that race glen burnie saw these there, we run truck bodies on them.

one better would probably be spec brushless... spec pack, 13.5 brushless system. mom and dad would appreciate that class! LOL

·
Registered
557 Posts
i have heard they run that spec brushless class. i would be fine with that also. i just wanna see the spec pack run no matter what motor.they can get more track time with the spec packs. last time i ran them it took about 24 mins to charge verses 44.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
yeah, i saw arcor (i believe) is running a spec brushless class. they are running the 4300 motor.

after talking to a couple guys at the track the last few weeks, it's been decided that the 4300 system w/ spec packs might be a little out of control for beginners or might be more costly as far as tires go for people that don't wanna spend a fortune. someone mentioned that it might comparable to 6 cell spec packs w/ spec motors (busch pan).

13.5 spec is probably the best way to go after the initial cost is completed. after that it's batteries and tires for the rest of the year. the motor is taken completely out of the picture, i know a lot of people like to argue about that.

maybe leave the brushless speed control choice open and limit it to one certain brushless motor or whatever. i'm looking into trying it for next year. it would be a great 2nd class for me.

i hope this helps a little and did'nt confuse you more, lol.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
All we're going to get is 5 voters on this ????? Come on folks how about the rest of you out there giving us more feed back OR do you want the 5 voters deciding how you race ??????

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok all keep comming with the feed back i need it i' hoping by the comming fun race. we will have a final decision

1 - 10 of 10 Posts