Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

If you don't remember me, I was a little active on the boards here a few years ago. I was young (I think 15 when I was last active) and since then I sold my collection to pursue other interests. I recently graduated high school and am starting a career in video (got my first job in video last week!!), and got bit by the die cast bug for the first time in 3 years last week. I am proud to be back and can't wait to get to know all of you again as I restart my collection from scratch.

-Matt

Edit: Oh and by the way, this time I plan to develop a bigger vintage collection than I was able to have before, I almost want to focus on vintage this time. It's nice having a job.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
A focus collection is nice. From my personal experience it didn't last long.

Welcome back!!

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Been there done that. Got bit hard, left it and now I am back better than ever! WITH MONEY!!
Welcome back!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Welcome Back!

Congrat Mr.MG,....I did the same too, then again after college, then again after my Divorce, then again when I move away from the City, Then...Oh well we all know the story.....:lol:...Welcome back buddy!....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Welcome back, Matt and congrats on the sheepskin and the new job. :thumbsup: I've collected toy cars and trucks off and on for over 50 years. It's not such a bad idea to have a focus collection. The problem with this hobby is that it's so easy for your focus to change as you happen to see something that's so cool you just gotta have it. :confused: Look forward to seeing what you wind up collecting...

:wave:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks y'all, I appreciate the warm welcome. Life's been great out here in McKinney, Texas. Going to college here for the next 18 months and then either Orlando, Shreveport, or San Diego after that. If y'all want to check out my work, please check this out and give it a like, and share it if you can! Exposure from this video is what has gotten me work over the past few months. If it wasn't clear, I am the one in the video with the short hair that looks excited haha:

When I posted I said I wanted to focus on vintage. I still want to incorporate a lot of vintage stuff, but I broke down on a couple visits to walmart. The HW "Boulevard" VW Type 181 is amazing! I am really glad they chose the wheels they did, it looks so authentic. And I also found this little beauty....I never collected much outside of HW last time but this time around I discovered "M2". Are any of y'all into them? Some of the other models I saw had cheesy looking rims (I like models like this to look as close to original as possible), but I fell in love with this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts