Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. 1986 Shelby GLHS [one on epay now #130096816079 ]
2. 1989-91 Dodge Daytona Shelby
3. 1992-93 Dodge Daytona Iroc R/T
4. 1982 Dodge Mirada CMX 360
5. 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited

Others I don`t collect but would sell great..........
1. 89 pontiac turbo trans-am
2. 85-87 Buick Grand national

#1 on both lists would be instant sell-outs

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I doubt any of those would be huge sellers , except maybe the GN . Although the GN has already been done by Racing Champions , JL & Hot Wheels . & probably others ...

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GN crowd I`m sure would generate enough sales for the GN and the turbo t/a ,and a few of the one`s I posted wouldn`t sell to great but the daytona`s have only been done once in die-cast in 84-86 my matchbox unless you count the cheesy HW turbo heater. I do believe the GLHS would sell great great though. Lots of people know what these cars are or have been beat by them in their GN`s and gt`s. They have a pretty large cult following,IMO more so than the hurst olds, and 442`s.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTw,I`m not bugging GL for cuda`s.I`m saving that for JL :freak:
I could start on them for challengers though :thumbsup:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
glhshelby said:
I do believe the GLHS would sell great great though. Lots of people know what these cars are or have been beat by them in their GN`s and gt`s. They have a pretty large cult following,IMO more so than the hurst olds, and 442`s.
Much different crowd from the ones I knew. Racing Fox bodied Mustangs in the late 80's through early 90's I can say I never raced or saw anyone race a GLHS or Shelby Daytona. They were basically 15 second cars stock and though a stock Mustang may not have been really any faster the amount of aftermarket parts for Mustangs and their racing popularity at that time was staggering. I saw plenty of the Shelby GLHS and Daytona Z's but never gave them much thought in terms of racing competition. Maybe it was a geographical thing.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Atencio said:
Much different crowd from the ones I knew. Racing Fox bodied Mustangs in the late 80's through early 90's I can say I never raced or saw anyone race a GLHS or Shelby Daytona. They were basically 15 second cars stock and though a stock Mustang may not have been really any faster the amount of aftermarket parts for Mustangs and their racing popularity at that time was staggering. I saw plenty of the Shelby GLHS and Daytona Z's but never gave them much thought in terms of racing competition. Maybe it was a geographical thing.
the daytona`s and glh-t`s were low 15 second cars however the glhs easily ran a 14.5 on stock tires because of limited traction but on the street the glhs was a lot faster.I had one with basically just a computer change and it would run a 13.6.Only 2 were in the state of SC so they are extremly hard to find even when they were new.

·
7,829 Posts
glhshelby said:
the daytona`s and glh-t`s were low 15 second cars however the glhs easily ran a 14.5 on stock tires because of limited traction but on the street the glhs was a lot faster.I had one with basically just a computer change and it would run a 13.6.Only 2 were in the state of SC so they are extremly hard to find even when they were new.
Was the powertrain basically the same for both cars with the differences in times due to the weight of the cars?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
glhshelby said:
I do believe the GLHS would sell great great though. Lots of people know what these cars are or have been beat by them in their GN`s and gt`s. They have a pretty large cult following,IMO more so than the hurst olds, and 442`s.
I have never had someone ask me for one of those at a car show, and I've been asked for a lot of different and obscure cars in the past.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Atencio said:
Was the powertrain basically the same for both cars with the differences in times due to the weight of the cars?
the daytona`s had 174 or 224 hp,
the glh-t omni had 146 and the glhs had 174 ,however some had a stage 2 computer in the front seat which made them 200 hp.
The weight and 5 way adjustable suspension on the glhs just helps the glhs out quite a bit.
On the strip when my daytona was stock at 174 it ran a 15.1 but on the street it would beat cars that were over 1/2 second faster on the strip[rwd advantage].However at 174 hp a 225 hp mustang couldn`t beat it.Most of it just comes down to weight. The omni`s were quite a bit faster,specially with just a few simple mods because of their weight advantage.
My glhs `clone` had the stage 2 computer,k&n filter,and the a/c removed and basically at 220 hp I could embarrass ram air t/a`s,and even a few well modified mustangs.
I`m not saying they`re the fastest things on the road at all,but people underestimate them all the time which is kinda funny around here were every other car is a mustang.
If only these had the dohc motors in them back in the 80`s like Carroll Shelby wanted to do they would have gained a lot more acceptance.They had srt-4 type motors back then but chrysler said it was too much power.
What people are doing now is putting srt-4 motors in their omni`s and glhs`s which is a big improvement. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rlyoung1 said:
I have never had someone ask me for one of those at a car show, and I've been asked for a lot of different and obscure cars in the past.
I`ve only had a few people ask me when I`m selling .Most people in the `know` with these cars have given up looking for them years ago.Maybe the fresh cherry`s line will come out with one.

·
7,829 Posts
glhshelby said:
I`m not saying they`re the fastest things on the road at all,but people underestimate them all the time which is kinda funny around here were every other car is a mustang.
That would be true. Kind of reminds me of some of the new Subaru's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts