Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
I'm glad you did...this has been a good read and a lot of history here...I happen to love House models...Haunted House models that is, I just ordered the Munsters House from CultTVman and I'm waiting for its' arrival to go with my Psycho and Addams Houses to create a Haunted Hamlet Dio...I always wished these were redone in a larger scale, (listen to me... I sound like one of those Jupiter II guys)...I always figured that the larger the scale the better the detail, have you got any Photos of the Munsters Mansion you could post to help me with some finer details? Again thanks for resurrecting this timeless post:thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Registered
196 Posts
Great idea! Yes, these houses really come to life more in larger scales.

There's a couple shots of my 1/48 Munster house herer:
http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157601817191484/

I don't know if that will help- its not 'dressed' as the Munsters, but you can see some of the additional details.

Mark

I'm glad you did...this has been a good read and a lot of history here...I happen to love House models...Haunted House models that is, I just ordered the Munsters House from CultTVman and I'm waiting for its' arrival to go with my Psycho and Addams Houses to create a Haunted Hamlet Dio...I always wished these were redone in a larger scale, (listen to me... I sound like one of those Jupiter II guys)...I always figured that the larger the scale the better the detail, have you got any Photos of the Munsters Mansion you could post to help me with some finer details? Again thanks for resurrecting this timeless post:thumbsup:
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Yes Mark...That helps a lot, Thanks for posting those shots :thumbsup: By the way incredible workmanship...for a moment, in one picture, I wondered where you got a two story Pepsi can:p Very Cool :cool:
Mcdee

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes Mark...That helps a lot, Thanks for posting those shots :thumbsup: By the way incredible workmanship...for a moment, in one picture, I wondered where you got a two story Pepsi can:p Very Cool :cool:
Mcdee

Hehe- I've had that picture in my portfolio for over 10 years now and I almost always hear the same comment about the Pepsi can!

Thanks for the kind words! That model was a labor of love when I did it, and I'm treating the new 'Simmons Mansion' the same way.

The biggest difference between my 'clean' version of the Munster house and how it appeared on the series was the style of shingles and the missing peak on that middle window above the front door. The rest was just a matter of 'distressing' the house and front yard.

Mark

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hehe- I've had that picture in my portfolio for over 10 years now and I almost always hear the same comment about the Pepsi can!
I figured it was just a leftover prop from "Honey, I blew up the baby". :wave:

41 - 51 of 51 Posts