Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest... getting low on wall space :jest:
Not the old ones or the rare ones but the new releases. I'm quite sure they will be readily available on mint cards for years to come. I know opinions vary on this subject but when you walk into each room and all you see are hung cards it can be cool and somewhat rediculous at the same time :eek:
Think I'll free up a few tonight and start thinking more on a nice display setup (and you people have shown some nice ones). Besides, I've been dyin to try that wheel stand on the Tameless Tiger.
Well I'm off... hope I dont regret this in the morning!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
That is the real fun of collecting.
You get to play with them.
And have the opportunity to take a really good look at the detailing.
The quality has come a long ways in the last couple or three years.
And never feel guilty about opening them. After all, they belong to you.
I've done it many times.
Have fun.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the Little Red Wagon is a "show stopper". The Porsche 911 turbo is now looking special (love that paint job, and this thing wants to roll, hint for racing), and Nicholas Janca's van is a new favorite. I think I've seen the light. Not looking through plastic. No offense to the card makers. Saving the photocards.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Mid,

I agree. I have most of my "old school" PM JL's still on the card because of the cool card art. I open all of the red card stuff unless it a limited or a white.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Muscle Cars are my favorite.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
It's always a difficult decision for me to open cards ...especially whites...! but seeing that collection of Cobras...wow..! very nice...! usually I open the regular release for display... :hat:
Bugzy

·
Registered
256 Posts
Personally, I like the red cards. I like the shape of them as well. They're easy to spot. I have some of the older cards as well, but it bothers me when the car on the card does not match the car in the blister, or it was a different colour car. Nice work pms485. :thumbsup:

That said I rip them open too. ;)
Greg

·
Registered
985 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts