Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of pancars for a long time. In fact my most recent pan car is a l30. Where can I go to get smart on todays pancars? Things like setup, types of chasis available, etc. I see things like slider chassis and don't even know what the difference is. In the old days we worked with front springs and shock springs and that was most of it along with tire compounds. They have come a long way in a few years. Thinking I might like to get back in a pancar on a carpet oval becasue i always liked the speed but want to learn first. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
If you can get the excel program that ROSS Motorsports has it is detailed with tips on how to set up your car based on real input and feedback on what your car is doing on the track.

Find out what the guys are running at your track, get one of those cars and set up info from them for a start.

Bill

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you can get the excel program that ROSS Motorsports has it is detailed with tips on how to set up your car based on real input and feedback on what your car is doing on the track.

Find out what the guys are running at your track, get one of those cars and set up info from them for a start.

Bill
Second the motion!!! great program

Kid

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Find a sponsored hotshoe at the local track and ask them how much to build you a kit. Ask if you can join in the build to learn the "proper way".
This is 3/4th's the battle in pan cars. Getting a smooth front end is probably the biggest help you can do towards your racing effort.
Once the car is properly put together, head off to the local track and turn lap after lap. Nothing like on track feedback. Make adjustments and learn what they do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts