Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I've said before, out of tribute to Bud "56 57" Burleson, who started the tradition of sending boxes of Johnnie's all around the country, I want there to always be a "Bud Box" in circulation somewhere around the country at any given time. With Bud Box I moving at a furious pace as we speak, it's time to gear up for a second Bud Box.

This one works off of probably everyones all time favorite box from Bud; the "loose" box - with a twist courtesy of Dad's Coronet. Bud sent a box loaded with over ninety cool loose JLs as - I believe - his very last box. Now, my collection is nowhere near the scope that I could come up with ninety loose cars to fill the box, so here's how we're doing this box:

There will be ten people in on this box. We'd like to see folks who have never taken part in a Bud Box before, if possible (or folks who haven't been in one for a while). There will be a five car "buy-in", meaning that to take part in this box, you need to send five cars to me to help fill the box. I will make up the difference out of my own collection. The box will then be sent to all ten people, who are free to take what they want, and replace those with an equal number of cars.

When the box returns to me, it will be given to one lucky participant as a "Grand Prize". I'll announce later how that person will be chosen. Since it's going to take some time to get all the "buy-in" cars to me, and the current Bud Box I is moving so quickly, it's time to get this party started!

Post below or PM/e-mail me to get in on this one!

Note: Any member who wants to start a Bud Box in the future is welcome to do so. It doesn't matter one whit who keeps the Bud Box legacy going, only that it be kept going. ;) :wave:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Nut'

Your right on the overwhelming number in his boxes! When I sent back Bud's last box to him, I sent it with 101 cars! I received it with 94, but I thought it was so close to a hundred, why not bump it over!

But the whole time I was unwrapping that box ( much like you guys did setting at the restaurant) I just kept thinking that I did not have a 100 loose cars I would be willing to load up and randomly ship out! Bud was a jewel in HT's crown. I know many people miss him every day.

I will not sign up for this one, as I have recently participated in a "box". But I encourage all you guys to jump in on this while there are openings. It is so much fun. This is a great way for you newer members to lock into the rich heritage here on the boards.

And thank you Rich for keeping this tradition alive. I know anyone could have done it, but you did. Your a good man, I don't care what you wife thinks!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
69Stang said:
This is a great way for you newer members to lock into the rich heritage here on the boards.
Ward is right ..... one of the greatest assets to this Hobby Talk "family" is their generosity. I can't tell you how many times I have described to other folks (whether they were retail sales people at stores that sell JLs, or other "Brand X" collectors) how helpful and generous folks here are - with their RAOks and their willingness to trade (many times sending cars out without even knowing what they're going to get in return!) just to help another member out in filling a hole in their collection - and these people are awestruck that we here on HT conduct ourselves this unselfishly.

For the newer members here, maybe you haven't experienced that yet. But if you simply post that you are looking for a particular car, you'll be amazed at the help that comes out of nowhere. And by offering this kind of help yourself as well, people here take note of that, and next thing you know, cars are showing up in your mailbox as Random Acts Of Kindness .......... RAOKs !!!!

And it's taking part here on HT - whether in joing things such as these "boxes" or simply posting your two cents worth here on the forums - that gets you deeper into being part of this special Hobby Talk "family". There is no better feeling than picking up a car somewhere for an unsuspecting member who has no idea that you are about to drop a much sought after car right into his mailbox ..... unsolicited, and unexpected.

Hobby Talk; Get involved. :thumbsup: :dude: :wave:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The bud box is a great idea to keep going. It has brought so many people together here and the fun of collecting alive. You never know what is inside each box. Just surprises. I have had fun particapting in them. Looking forward in particapting in many more of them as well. Might have to try and start 1 someday. Very fun indeed to anyone that has not done 1 yet. Highly recommended in particapting. And all the great people you help along the way.

James

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I'm in for the next box. I've always wanted to do it, but forgot, or it got filled up, and I never did it.

Tell me where to send some cars. Let me know if we are doing loosies or carded, regs or WL's.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wlpaul said:
I'm in for the next box. I've always wanted to do it, but forgot, or it got filled up, and I never did it.

Tell me where to send some cars. Let me know if we are doing loosies or carded, regs or WL's.
Loose regulars, Paul. I'll PM my addy to all members shortly. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
We have the first seven of the ten needed;

Long Arm of the LAW
ozmont
SkipperC
StangCollector
straightnnarrow
WhiteLightning
wlpaul

I know there were a few others who asked to be in the next box, I just need a reminder who you were :thumbsup:

Bobby Wilson????

1 - 20 of 59 Posts