Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which should I get and why? I'm looking at the Traxxas Slash or Bandit, maybe the VXL versions.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
What are your intentions? Are you going to race or just hack around. The Slash is an awesome vehicle. I race one myself. For someone getting back into the hobby, you have picked a good vehicle. Its rugged and cheap relatively speaking. Just drop in a battery and go. You can hop it up too if you desire. Id go with the Slash.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was considering the Bandit VXL since A Main Hobbies has it for $204. Most likely just playing around or bashing not going to race.

·
Banned
2,137 Posts
even as a basher the slash will be able to go threw more then the bandit and if i remember correctly the vxl is the brushless system if so then go with the bandit if you want to buy another veical later then pull the system out of it and put it in another veical

·
Registered
538 Posts
i would go with the slash very nice vechile and if you go to the track and watch ur going to want to race and then you will be set with the slash

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
I was considering the Bandit VXL since A Main Hobbies has it for $204. Most likely just playing around or bashing not going to race.
Even though the bandit is a great price. You will be very limited as to where you can run it because of low ground clearance.
You will not be able to run in the grass at all and very rough gravel like a driveway is not that great either.
A truck or truggy is the way to go.
The Slash is great bang for your buck. If you have a little more to spend consider the Emaxx or E Revo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts