Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a good, cheap and fast deal today at the local KB.

Went to the mall looking for my wife's for Valentine's gift.... You know you can only get those hand held massager's at Belk's and Sears during Christmas? "Eckerd's / Eckerd's" got'em.... :hat: Anyway. Had $10.00 to spend on models. Stopped by KB on the way out. Got 9 JL Poker cars for $6.83! They started out marked .99 cents. Got to the counter with five and the girl said there was an additional 20% off. Went and got four more.

61 Catalina...Gonna keep intact. Probably try to get rid of the Ace on the hood.
41 Willis & 2, 57 Stud Hawks....Something strange from a possible union???
98 Viper....ehhh! I like the wheels
03 350Z....Good wheels. And parts is parts...right?
67 Yota 2000...Always wanted to see that in a fastback coupe.
59 Caddy Convert....Can you say Longnose???
66 Toranado...Nice wheels...Can't say as I even see parts. Though innovative, That always was an ugly ride imo. Sorry to y'all that think that opinion totally off base.

But!!!!

Before the girl at the counter started ringing up the cars she said if I had been 55, every Tuesday they give grandparents an additional 10%! I asked her how old she thought I was? She flattered me by 10 years and made me show my liscense. We've been in there enough she knew I had grands. She wrote and activated a discount card on the spot. So I couldn't even spend my whole 10 BUCKS! :thumbsup:

But for the first time in my life I got something cheap, fast & quick. :dude:

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just gettin it.

As a mechanic I've seen the sign many times...

"There's three ways a job can be done. You can have it two of the three ways:

If its fast and good it won't be cheap
If its good and cheap it won't be fast.
If its fast and cheap it can't be good."

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Pat! You ever notice? Like Social Security they keep rasing the age for "senior discounts." Still can't get one at Hardee's.......BRING BACK THE HUSKEE!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
slythorne said:
Out here the Poker Cars are $.88 and buy 1, get 50% off the second one.
I have 2 KB's nearby and one is "buy one get one half off" the other is a 20% discount. The cars are either marked .88 or .99. I got a fuzzy wheel WL catalina for .44!

No over 55 discount for me though. :(

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm no mathamatician. Probably can't even spell it. But I figured my deal the other day...Because I seldom get "deals" so I revel in them when I hit on one. But tax and all, mine came to just under .65 cents each. TV's was a good one too at .66 each.

The KB down South doesn't have as good a deals. I suppose each store has there own manager deals. Anyway I got some goooood wheels and bodies to hack up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts