Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morn'
A storm knocked out a tower or transformer, so I've been down without the PC a couple of days.
This I got from Germany and it's a great kit. It's based on a Saurer Komet and was supposed to built as a static display--but it had "slot" written all over it. Personally, I think it's a brilliant piece, with intense molding and crisp detail. The tyres are real rubber and provide decent grip (no worse than an old Aurora truck)--I just high-lighted the finer bits and painted up the engine--Ahh, the engine--you got to love that opening bonnet!

cheers....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there Satellite,
Thanks for the comp' and a good guess, but actually it's a ROCO piece. Oddly, it's a touch bigger than Herpa. I'd say closer to 1/64--1/72 than "true" 1/87. A much closer scale to the slots. :)
Cheers....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi RR,
Here you go...

As you can tell, it's just a stock Aurora chassis. I didn't have to use the tip I gave Micyou03 on this one because the wheelbase is short enough and it can make both the curves' arc without drama. I turn the guide pin around so it tracks more realistically. This is one of my favorite slots and it really looks super going down the track.
Oh, and Roadrner-I'll be PM-ing you this eve...
Cheers...

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
boss9 said:
Hey there Satellite,
Thanks for the comp' and a good guess, but actually it's a ROCO piece. Oddly, it's a touch bigger than Herpa. I'd say closer to 1/64--1/72 than "true" 1/87. A much closer scale to the slots. :)
Cheers....
Hi Boss,
yes, the Rocco Truck series are a real good thing for slot conversion. I have several Rocco US army trucks waiting for the slot chassis.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts