Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morn'
A storm knocked out a tower or transformer, so I've been down without the PC a couple of days.
This I got from Germany and it's a great kit. It's based on a Saurer Komet and was supposed to built as a static display--but it had "slot" written all over it. Personally, I think it's a brilliant piece, with intense molding and crisp detail. The tyres are real rubber and provide decent grip (no worse than an old Aurora truck)--I just high-lighted the finer bits and painted up the engine--Ahh, the engine--you got to love that opening bonnet!

cheers....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there Satellite,
Thanks for the comp' and a good guess, but actually it's a ROCO piece. Oddly, it's a touch bigger than Herpa. I'd say closer to 1/64--1/72 than "true" 1/87. A much closer scale to the slots. :)
Cheers....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi RR,
Here you go...

As you can tell, it's just a stock Aurora chassis. I didn't have to use the tip I gave Micyou03 on this one because the wheelbase is short enough and it can make both the curves' arc without drama. I turn the guide pin around so it tracks more realistically. This is one of my favorite slots and it really looks super going down the track.
Oh, and Roadrner-I'll be PM-ing you this eve...
Cheers...

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
boss9 said:
Hey there Satellite,
Thanks for the comp' and a good guess, but actually it's a ROCO piece. Oddly, it's a touch bigger than Herpa. I'd say closer to 1/64--1/72 than "true" 1/87. A much closer scale to the slots. :)
Cheers....
Hi Boss,
yes, the Rocco Truck series are a real good thing for slot conversion. I have several Rocco US army trucks waiting for the slot chassis.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts