Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking to buy one of these and wondered if anyone here has bought one, and if so, what's your take on the quality? It's hard to tell but the 'cocooned' person on the background looks like it would be out of scale to the 1/8th? Ripley figure. Which I have. But like I said, it's just hard to tell from the small picture.

The Ripley figure is excellent! And the conversion arm with weapons is really good quality too. But, the Deluxe Base ain't cheap and wanted to find out a little about it first.

Anyone?

hal9001-

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've built 2 for customers and think I still have one of my own in a stash SOMEWHERE. The figure "cocooned" on the wall does look a little small- but could also be a young adult or small person. Painted up it looks good with the Ripley or Alien figure. The quality is what was standard for when it was made- a few small holes and such. The molds were open-poured, so the backs are rough.

Here's a I found on the net of the figure on the base.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've built 2 for customers and think I still have one of my own in a stash SOMEWHERE. The figure "cocooned" on the wall does look a little small- but could also be a young adult or small person. Painted up it looks good with the Ripley or Alien figure. The quality is what was standard for when it was made- a few small holes and such. The molds were open-poured, so the backs are rough.

Here's a I found on the net of the figure on the base.
Thanks for posting the picture nautilusnut, I've never see the figure on the base before. Makes a nice display. Good point about the cocooned figure being a young person. After all, there were children on site too! Yeah, wish it was pressure cast though.

hal9001

·
Registered
379 Posts
Geometric Design Deluxe Alines Base?

Pressure casting was alot less common then. I suggest backing it with a piece of thin plywood cut to shape with a jigsaw. Fill the space between the wood and resin with spackling and paint black.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
We did pressure-casting at Streamline Pictures Modelworks. It could have its' own hazards. The only kits we didn't pressure-cast were the Speed Racer car kits.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the little kid could be the little girl she saves.?
I think the figure is to well 'developed' for a girl Newts age. But could be a young teenager maybe? Or just a very petite woman. Besides, Sigourney Weaver is after all, a 6' woman!

hal9001-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts