Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
A few tail end of the lead lap cars on this restart, including Robby Gordon.

Should be interesting. ;)

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Mark was not ahead of Kahne at the point of caution and will restart third. Sadler still leading.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Another thumbs down to NBC.
Did anybody else have problems following the scrolling driver ticker across the top of the screen? :confused:

At every lap, with 20 (and under) to go, they had Vickers at something like 4th, then 24th then 13th. Bill Elliott was 20th, then 15th, then 19th, then 22nd. Riggs, Edwards and Kenseth jumped around (at every lap) also. What a mess to try to follow.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I concur. You have no idea how badly I would like to see NBC lose the television rights when it's contract renewal time. FOX I can deal with- they actually don't do a half bad job.

But NBC... I mean, Benny Parsons and Wally Dallenbach? This is their idea of a great combination of race announcers? Bring back Buddy Baker. It's a shame Ned Jarrett retired. A few years down the line Michael Waltrip will make a good announcer (when he retires). As much as I'd love to see Bill Elliott call the races, something tells me he'd rather be in the garage than the booth. ;)

ABC/ESPN could do a much better job. CBS did a great job for many years. Even TBS did a better job than TNT does.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The thing that annoyed me was the fact that they continued with the interview with Gordon about his engine failure and there was an accident happening on the track.

·
Registered
321 Posts
OK NBC is really really annoying. I hate their coverage i rate it at a 3 out of 10 BUT i do like Wally. Even though he had very little cup talent (maybe im being harsh) he gives a generally good perspective with modern cup cars. Allen Bestwick is just a pretty boy, he wears more makeup than Mimi on the Drew Carey show and hes just twity how he picks on wally all the time...hes not even funny!

As for BP...the guy is just a giant Boob. He kinda reminds me of John Madden...i cant stand the guy!!!

But you know what. Rusty will soon be a race announcer. I think he'll make a good one if he goes that way after 2005.

·
Registered
321 Posts
my nbc rant for the year....sorry if its really weak and snippy with shrewd childlike jabs at the operation. They act like children on the show.

Why are all the races switching back over to tnt...i'm not liking this...and i still wont pay for cable. I just dont want to pay $40 a month for the 20 hours i watch tv a month.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts