Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
The Jet said:
I would like the general info about the track, like,
runline = big circle
infield width = wider than a loaf of bread narrower than a air craft carrier!
carpet type = fuzzy kind
subfloor = wood
paragon ground effects allowed??? too many wa babies wont go anti paragon!

Just stuff like that.
Thanks, Bret
hope that helped you bret! muahahhahaahha

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
We set the oval up with outside dimensions: 96' x 40'.
Outside lanes were 12' wide, infield was 16' wide and corner width was 14'.
Not sure the runline but someone might have a good number - or maybe this can be figured with these numbers....

CYA!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well as eneryone knows the road course layout is a well kept secret and will always be that way. The reason is that no one has any advantage going into the event. I will tell you this it will be fast.

Seeya at the Birds
Ken "The Only Scarecrow" Holmes

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Scarecrow ,When is it the ROCKETS turn to lay down the verbage on the mic.....Maybe me and Dosie and Kraios can lay it down proper

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
SMROCKET said:
Scarecrow ,When is it the ROCKETS turn to lay down the verbage on the mic.....Maybe me and Dosie and Kraios can lay it down proper
Don't do it, Ken. We will regret that move forever. They would get their tongues tied up just like their throttle finger.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Will anything be done this year to try and prevent the track from deteriorating (bumps and carpet wear). Just wondering as it sounded like quite a problem last year. Hope to make it for the first time there this year.

Tom

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
hey David I was @ my local car stereo store this past weekend and they have something you might want. Lojack!!!!!!!!! jk I am racing oval this year. So I'll take care of the savaage Miller!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
TommyGun, Yes we have working with several people sence the monday after the snowbirds last year and will have the Problem solved for this year and future years at the Birds.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Runline?

Ok, from the information given for the size of the track here is an image of last years layout. There are 2 runline shown, 1 which is pretty much in the middle more or less It shows a distance of 191.96 feet. and Runline 2 which might be more representive of how most people would drive this layout. It shows a runline of 185.10 feet. Now with runline 2 it is shown approximately 2 feet from the outside line and 2 feet from the inside apex of the corner. Hope this helps everybody out.

Henry

The image is not the greatest, If anybody would like one, let me know.
Just an up-date- I know have another image showing a 3rd runline being approximately 1 foot from the outside and inside at the apex, having a runline of 183.38 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
So Bruce, When ya gonna start your "figure 4, steel cage, wooohoooo!!!!" smack talk? Its kind of become a Snowbird's tradition.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It's the Over The Top Rope into a Steel Cage, Figure 4, Brass Nuckles, Loser leave Town without a Trophy Match.

This will be set-up in the Pool for Wednesday night.
Bring a Chair and a Box of Popcorn.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts