Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd pass this very interesting news break along to the collecting world. Per my Sales Rep at Tomy (ERTL/RC2/Learning Curve Etc)

"Starting January 1, 2013 all Dukes of Hazzard General Lee vehicles will not be allowed to be produced with the Confederate Flag on the top of the vehicle. This directive has been passed onto us from the licensor Warner Brothers."

So if you want to add a General Lee to your collection, do so now, as there will be no more made with the Confederate Flag!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
NoT surPrising. They have been removing the image from the model boxes for years. I have one that was a giveaway from the Kansas City Royals that has the Royals logo on the trunk and no roof flag.

Guess this means that any hope we might have had for GL to do the Dukes theme is done. Somebody will create an aftermarket decal kit.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
What they heck!?! Going from Dukes of Hazzard to Dukes of P.C.??? That sucks :(

I am sure one of the slot car guys out there already has decals set up to right size..

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would think that the name General Lee would definetly be trade marked and removed , but why the flag ? Do they also have the rights to the confederate flag ?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Thanks for the heads up....
IMHO, Plenty of the old ones were made and are still available ( by the 100,000s by Ertl & JL ) so this new variation will only add to our collection. Will the old General Lee sky rocket in price??? We will have to wait and see as many will want too profit off of it saying its RARE or VHTF or its even a 1/1. :lol:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
they'll have to start giving them away because I sure as heck won't be buying anything they put out at this point. you can't stand up without a backbone.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts