Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
General.

Rick - Cards and baggies went out this morning. I sent extra baggies in case some break.

Helping a HT member purchases. All paid orders were boxed and mailed today except the Gary Todd order. The car has not been located so the the check is being held. I'll update you as I know what's going on myself. The Warbirds, Simpsons, RLC cars, Ferrari and Coke Fairlanes are included in this.

Left over Fest castings. As it stands right now, the Dinner cars, TYC's and Camaros and all gone. Either people have backed out or just not paid up yet but there still remains 7 PSR cars. At this point I figure if someone wanted one, they have more than had their chance to win or buy one. With that, there is no max order on the last seven. They are 50.00 each and you may purchase as many as you like until they are all sold. Please add 4.00 s/h.

Halloween Treats. Illinois is the last post to secure a reservation. Any post after that will be offered up cars as people back out and it happens more often than you think. 15.00 each plus s/h with a Max of two per person.

Fest 2005 - Details are being finalized as we speak regarding the Fest Pace Car casting. As soon as I get a photo shop pic(Aheeeeem! Mike G) and an approval from the manufacturer I will forward the details.

Fest 2005 location - Can anybody give me the skinny on the Oakbrook Marriott? I'm told it was just redone this year and has the same capabilities as the South Bend Marriott. Negotiating details were started last week but I have not seen it yet myself. If this is not a nice place, you would be saving me lots of time and grief so I could move on to plan B.

Mark:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
markhos do you know if the custom contest will include rc cars and ertel with jl cars this year or strickly jl cars?? any info on this would help us customizers out so we can make plans on what to use. thanks on any info you can pass on. later gunn

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
thanks this helps me choose some cars to do im really trying to make fest in 05

R

·
0 Posts
Mark,

Believe me, if its in OakBrook its nice.... if you would like, I can run by and take a look in the next week or so?

LMK

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Awesome! It's an extra two hours each way, but I've never been to Chicago, so I look forward to it. :thumbsup:

And ERTL and Racing Champions are legal for the custom contest next year... OH YEAH! I think I've got a few ideas. And that's not including all the great new castings Johnny Lightning has coming out next year. I hope the Gremlin, Pinto, Vega, and Maverick will be available by next Fest. Even if they aren't, I still have some ideas for existing castings. :thumbsup:

That said...

LIGHTNING FEST '05 OR BUST!

·
7,461 Posts
hmmmm

Estimated Travel Time: 5 hours 6 minutes for 315.81 miles

I can do that

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
If RC2 warehouse is at the same place as their office, then we will be able to walk to there from the Marriott, also, the world headquarters for McDonalds is there (well, last time I was there) and the McDonalds they have in the building serves beer and wine (again, last time I was there)

Hotel is right across the street from the Oak Brook Mall - very nice neighborhood - this is an area of million dollar plus homes

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That explains the group rate amount. I thought it was really high, then again I thought 85.00 for South Bend was outrageous. 100.00 a night for a hotel hurts. So it's the area huh?

R

·
0 Posts
The median income for a household in the village is $166,537, and the median income for a family is $226,718. Males have a median income of $231,872 versus $90,128 for females. The per capita income for the village is $106,668. 2.1% of the population and 0.4% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 4.7% are under the age of 18 and 0.4% are 65 or older.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
robmcin said:
The median income for a household in the village is $166,537, and the median income for a family is $226,718. Males have a median income of $231,872 versus $90,128 for females. The per capita income for the village is $106,668. 2.1% of the population and 0.4% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 4.7% are under the age of 18 and 0.4% are 65 or older.
Village........Village? Where the heck is this place? Is this going to be the place where it cost five dollars to park at the McDonalds, 15% sales tax, 4.00 bottled water etc.

R

·
0 Posts
No, the parking is free (and Santa you'll see - no wait, that's not right) and there are the "normal" place around (within a 10-15 minute drive) with regular prices - but there are the upscale places also, the mall has like Niemann Marcus, Marshal Fields, etc.

Sales Tax 7% (seems like it should be 7.25% to me)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts