Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the better of the two on a 98x36 carpet track...??? is it better to have a larger spur and pinion to get the gear ratio you want or a smaller spur and pinion to get the same ratio?....

example..optimum ratio is 3.0 and 3.09.. to get this you will need...

108 spur and 35 pinion=3.0
108 spur and 36 pinion=3.09
or

99 spur and 32 pinion=3.0
99 spur and 33 pinion=3.09

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I hate to respond this way, but this topic has been covered many times. If you search the oval threads you should find plenty of good info.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooohhh yeahhh i found the stinkfest!!!!... it was just a few pages over.. but i will say that tornado racing has my vote! plus he is running the track i will be at, so i will follow his advise here.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
munchi said:
ooohhh yeahhh i found the stinkfest!!!!... it was just a few pages over.. but i will say that tornado racing has my vote! plus he is running the track i will be at, so i will follow his advise here.
I like bigger spurs. If you are racing 19 turn at TRD then go with a 120 or 124 spur.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gear

thanks tornado.. i will be there this weekend at trd but i will not get there until about 4:00 pm. hope i will still get to race. i have to work until 2:00 and then the drive will take almost 2 hrs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts