Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a Honda HRX lawnmower GCV 190 engine 3yrs old.When engine is cold it works great.As it warms up the governer arm wants to hang up not allowing the throttle to advance.If I reach down and move the arm by hand it works.It moves with kind of a click like it is sticking.All the linkage and springs are intact with no interference.nothing in the carb hangs up.Seems like it hangs up where the rod goes through the block.As long as it is not hot it works normal.I have used Honda Syn racing 4stroke oil since new.I change oil regularly.Anyone have any ideas as to repairs?I Don't think this problem justifies complete engine disassembly,I can live with bumping the arm by hand.Wondering if any of you guys have ever ran across this problem.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks...Scotty

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have not had any issues like this brought in for repair (we are a honda dealer). I would lean in the direction of the governor gear is sticking or the counter weights are not working on it . if you can not find anything externally with the governor arm or the throttle on the carburetor then it would be an internal issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts