Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a new-ish pressure washer with a GCV160 engine. I inherited it from a previous home owner and it seems to have a bit of an issue. I emptied and cleaned all fuel lines/fuel tank, took apart the carb and gave it a full break down and cleaning (it was pretty tidy to begin with). It runs on first pull and has no issues idling at full choke as well as no choke. The issue is that it wont spray at full pressure unless its in the on choke position. There's no carb adjustment on this model, all springs, arms and fixed throttle are in order, no bent rods etc. any ideas how to get it to wash properly in the run position?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hello,
I have a new-ish pressure washer with a GCV160 engine. I inherited it from a previous home owner and it seems to have a bit of an issue. I emptied and cleaned all fuel lines/fuel tank, took apart the carb and gave it a full break down and cleaning (it was pretty tidy to begin with). It runs on first pull and has no issues idling at full choke as well as no choke. The issue is that it wont spray at full pressure unless its in the on choke position. There's no carb adjustment on this model, all springs, arms and fixed throttle are in order, no bent rods etc. any ideas how to get it to wash properly in the run position?
If you did not remove the nozzle when you cleaned the carb that may be the problem there are 4 very tiny holes near the top of the nozzle, I clean them with the wire from a twist tie also I think there is a jet that is screwed into the top of the carb that has a very tiny hole in the end of it which also should be cleaned, it might have a cap over the screw. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Reply Geo, But I did in fact clean out all jet holes in the carb in the manner you described. honestly there was zero debris or gummed fuel anywhere. Thats why I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Try spraying/dribble some carb/brake parts cleaner behind the carb and along all the mating surfaces if the engine tempo changes you have an air leak and can take the appropriate action, I hate the gaskets on those engines. Have a good one. Geo

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this similar problem. Check to see if the carburetor gasket is lined properly. There is a pin air hole on one side of the gasket. If the gasket is flipped the air flow is restricted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts