Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm up here in N.E. Ohio and have been talking to Freddie about trying to get something started with GASCAR. I'm all for it. First of all, this is a 1/4 pounder track. Is there anywhere that you racing on the same asphalt track with 1/4's and is there ever an issue with the nitro on the track surface.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Lagoon Park in Montgomery & Easley in SC both have nitros and 1/4 scales racing on the same dates on several occassions in a season. If there is any residue left on the track, a group of 1/4 cars will run it in within a few laps. We've even had times that there seemed to be better grip after the nitros run. :thumbsup:
I'm up here in N.E. Ohio and have been talking to Freddie about trying to get something started with GASCAR. I'm all for it. First of all, this is a 1/4 pounder track. Is there anywhere that you racing on the same asphalt track with 1/4's and is there ever an issue with the nitro on the track surface.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone I have ever talked to, with the exception of one whiney individual, has always said that the drip comes up and the times go down when we run.

Asphalt is a petroleum based product. When the Nitro residue mixes with the surface, rubber and some sunshine, the track will really tack up giving more grip.

If Freddie has any doubts, he can contact the LPR club or Donnie at CCRC.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Im new to gas pan cars,I bought a used car and engine off of ebay.I cant get the engine to start.Im not new to nitro.The engine is a OS 12 CV.The fuel I have is a year old but works fine in my other cars.Its Powermaster 15%.The engine has good compression.Is there anything that I need to watch out for on these engines?Am I using the wrong fuel?What is a good carb needle starting point.Its a rototary carb.Im not an expert on nitro but I have some basher trucks that are nitro.Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks,I havent had time to try it yet again.I have to get some fresh fuel too,but Ill try that.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
With fresh fuel, a good glo plug, igniter, and compression,,,,,,,the thing has got to start. Check all the head bolts, and back plate bolts. if any are loose, tighten then...... because loose screws cause air leaks, and that will prevent an engine from starting. After an engine has been run several times, the metal expands, causing screws to loosen.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts