Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you missed it, you REALLY missed it.

This one had it all. Rain delays, fast action pit stops, fast lap times, a very loud car ( I wonder who that was?) racing under the lights, parts replacement trickery and the crowning of the 2009 champion.

Thanks for all of those that made the trip and to CCRC and crew for hosting the event.

Brian Ragsdale set TQ followed by Casey, Roger, myself and Kevin I think. The horn blew and we were off for 500 laps of green flag, Nitro Powered fun. It sure seemed like there wer more cars on the track than 8 but all in all it was some very good racing. I can personally remember being part of some 3-wide action more that a few times.

Roger Douglas was off like a shot and setting an early fast pace. Is there really anyone out there suprised by this? There was some position shuffleing going on and I know of two racers that were not going out with out a fight. They were Kevin and myself. There was only one point seperating us in the final standing and I know for a fact I was not going to quit and neither was Kevin.

Before the forst 50 lap horn went off I noticed my car was making more noise than usual, the muffler had come loose. It was running ok so I gambled on staying out. I said to myself "maybe it will stay on". Myself should have kicked me in the rear. About lap 150 or so it fell completely off but the car was still running. Who would have thunk it? So I gambled again, I did not want it to shut off for fear of it never refiring so I kept running it.

At the 250 lap mark there were still 8 cars in the running, that is AWESOME! I was several laps down to Kevin and was just hanging on. Then cars started dropping out. So once again I said to myself "keep running". Myself should have kicked me again.

I made up laps and got the lead, all the while feeling there was no way I was going to make weight sans-muffler. But what the heck right? And remember myself negelected to kick me on two occassions.

So I keep making laps, I hear the "Blue Crew" make reference to me being able to make weight and I say to myself "they just now thought of that?" Again having the oppotunity to kick me, myself does nothing.

I am out front on laps my miles and the last pit window is coming up. I ask Jason, my fuel man, if he has my muffler. He does. I tell him I am going to pit this time and then once again with just a few laps remaining. On the final pit stop I want him to shove the muffler in the car and I will cross the line carrying it. So the fuel stop comes and goes then the last 10 laps click off. I come in with 2 to go and he puts the muffler in the car. It falls into something and keeps me from being able to move. Jason goes down pit road, picks up my car and moves the muffler. I go VERY SLOW around the track so as to complete my laps WITH the muffler. Remeber that "trickery" I spoke of at the beginning?

The funny thing is when the "Blue Crew" sees this going on they are all saying "you cannot do that". Which I was fully aware of and would not have sttod for had the shoe been on the other foot. But I figured seeing as I thought I was light and would not pass tech I might as well have some fun with it. So I did, can you blame me?

Off to tech the cars went, fuel went in my car and I made weight. Remember that muffler? It was still in the car. I pick up the car take out the muffler and tell Tim to weigh the car again.

You guessed it, LIGHT!!! ARRRRGGGGG!! By .2 of an ounce! Had the pressure line from the muffler to the tank stayed on it would have made weight.

So to eighth place I go. Giving the win to Roger Douglas and Second Place in the Championship to my buddy Kevin. It was a battle to the end my friend and I hope to repeat it next year. Only with me ahead of you. :D

But I must say that was a great race. I was surrounded by great people and had a great time.

Would I do that again? Who knows? Never say never, right?

Till next year, I wish every one you and your familes well!

:wave:

·
Registered
732 Posts
The birthday cake topped it all. And to see the Pit Chicks back in action was also a treat. They sure can fuel a car fast.
Great year. Had a fun time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks to Tim for all his efforts putting the series together this year. Everyone should also thank our corner marshalls for the 500. They were JT's dad and brother, who stepped in when no one else would, even though they had never corner marshalled anything before. What a way to break them in! I think they even enjoyed it.

Sam

·
Registered
487 Posts
Special thanks to the corner marshals. Thanks for stepping in and helping. We could not have raced green flags without you. thanks again. and thanks to all the racers that helped make the GASCAR 2009 season a huge success. See you all next year.

tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, Great job and a BIG thanks for all the infield help by JT's dad and brother. Also thanks again for a great program by Donnie and staff at the track. It is always a pleasure to race CrcC. Thanks to Tim Smith for the GASCAR series and to all fellow friends and racers who participate in this series. It has been a lot of fun.

Roger

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to the staff at CrcC, Tim at Gascar for a great series, to the turn marshals they did great. I was glad to see Tim Scott come race with us and hope you can make next season. I also want to congratulate Roger on his points championship and Kevin for bringing home 2nd. Great job guy's that was smurftastic!!!! Go Big Blue!!! LOL:tongue:

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks for everything guys,cant wait til next season!gonna get as many laps as I can thru this fall/winter that way I can hang with you guys!definately plan on me being at all the races next year,gascar racing has hooked me again full time on the oval!nothing like burnin nitro on the oval!thanks to all,tim scott!!

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tim,

It is great to see someone else as pumped up about this style of racing as we are! :D

If you ever need anything, give any of us a shout and I know we will help any way we can.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I can not believe that NO ONE gave thanks to me for staying home. You uys just take the cake-then you go and eat the ----thing. BOOOOOOO. RED RIDER

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess his "My Little Pony" finally got tired.

You know what was amazing about that race? I only used one body the entire time. Probably close to 1000 laps on it and it is still good for another race. Wonder why that is?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts