Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I understand that they are fixing it- but anyway- what about Rosewood, and i know that rt281 is good traveling for everyone but the guy was real nice and did ask us to race there. Guess i am just dissapointed to see no concrete tracks on the schedule. That and just being able to run at two tracks, don't get me wrong-they are both great tracks but its a lot more fun to travel to several different tracks. jmo

Later-Rider

·
Registered
736 Posts
man that does suck about rosewood and rock hill.

sam- we need to get some restrictors made, i've got some getting ready to run this year at rosewood and are excited about switching to the dynamite from the .09 because of the frustration w/ the .09's last year.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you email your thoughts to Tim?

Did you put together a proposed schedule, contact the tracks and send it to Tim?

Rockhill -- Damaged and quite frankly too bumpy to really race on.

Rosewood -- Never returned Tim's call or email and it does not have a pit road, which makes our style of raceing a little difficult.

Rt281 -- Too far away. Face it, did you really want to drive twice as far just to race the same racers? Oh wait who am I asking, you probably would not have shown up in the first place.

·
Registered
715 Posts
As far as Rock Hill- It's got issues-You have to really work on the car to be fast there, but it's a race track and everybody that shows up is racing the same track.

I seen the talk going on about Rosewood and thought that deal had been settled. the way i understood it was that the owner was atleast willing to put in a pit road-simply because that would benefit all racers.

As far as RT 281-Heck i went all the way to Ft Laurdadale to race against Charlie and Kevin- had a dang good time on a dang good CONCRETE track.

As far as the last comment--well sooner or later you will get tired of saying that. Just can't help it man i like running different tracks,just hate that alot of the great ones have closed down.

Later-Rider

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tim, the schedule looks great, thanks for your hard work on this. I will start making plans. As far as rosewood, there is enough space in the races that we can probably make a trip and shake the place down and maybe have a race there next year. We all need to embrace this schedule and make the races that we can and have fun. This will be a tough year for all with gas prices already climbing. See you guy's in March.

·
Registered
351 Posts
James, and all other Dynamite .12 class racers: restrictors are coming very soon. Pop is making them because it is not cost effective to have a machine shop make the quantity we need. Mitch (Mobile Hobbies) is going to be the main supplier, and they may be available at the Hobby Connection in Easley as well. I will let everyone know when they are available. I'm glad that the racers at Rosewood are showing interest in this class, I think it will be a good one. Also thanks to Tim for posting our rules on the GASCAR site.

Looking forward to a fun season
Sam

·
Registered
351 Posts
According to Donnie it is July 31. It will be interesting to see if anyone shows up on August 31 to race, being that its a Tuesday;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
The race date should be July 31-August 1. I will check the GASACAR website and make corrections if needd.

Tim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts