Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0 Posts
Everywhere I look, more cool details. Really nice display! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
love it.. only thing missing is a tow truck...lol...great job. what size board did you use?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great complements!

The base is 36"x15" the gas station is in 1/64 scale, and all of it except the house is scratch built from sheet plastic. Most guy figures are from HW and JL sets, and the girls and some of the guys are S scale model railroad figures.
The White 59 ford was a RC utility tuck. I removed the utility box and added a tailgate.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A HEADS UP- I bought a HO scale used car lot building and parking lot but it's too small. I think the larger scale train buildings would be too big. It might take some poking around train shops to find something close to the right size.

·
Registered
78 Posts
wannafbody said:
A HEADS UP- I bought a HO scale used car lot building and parking lot but it's too small. I think the larger scale train buildings would be too big. It might take some poking around train shops to find something close to the right size.
When looking at model railroad stuff, HO is 1/87, O is 1/48, and G is somewhere between 1/22.5 and 1/29... all of these are incorrect for the common 1/64th scale cars that make up most of this board. You want to look for S scale buildings and accessories, which should be the right size. Unfortunately, S scale is about the 4th most popular scale last I checked, so there are less products in the market and many hobby shops don't carry it at all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts