Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my G-fest entry for this year. I don't know who made the Gamera kit, but it's about 1/200 scale and is mostly vinyl (the underside is styrene). The kit came with screws to attach the arms and legs and a lighting kit to light the eyes and tusks.

I wanted to suggest the scene in the original 1965 Gamera movie where he emerges from the arctic ice and takes out a research ship. I needed a ship that was more or less in scale, but I didn't want to spend a fortune on the kit. So I settled on Revell's re-issue of the Coast Guard cutter Roger B. Taney. I don't believe that ship was ever painted orange; that was a little poetic license on my part to more closely resemble the ship in the movie.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very cool! I admit I'm a minority of one who always preferred Gamera over Godzilla.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hey Paul that looks great!!

It must be huge, too. That is the Bandai "Real Monster Series" Gamera from about 1980 which is about 12" high on his own.

Good to see him out and about!

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Very cool dio!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chris.:)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Gamera Dio

Great diorama!!!
I'm a big fan of (the early) Gamera films. Mystery Science Theater (back when Joel Hodgsen was at the helm) got me hooked on Gamera.
"Sandy Frank? I dropped my corn dog at the State Fair once!"
(if you are from MN, you probably know that Joel is from MN and "corn dogs"...or Pronto Pups...are a big Minnesota State Fair food item, one of MANY things you can get "on a stick" at the fair!
I have a 1/250 scale vinyl Gamera by Kaiyodo and a vinyl Gyaos (same scale) that I plan on doing a diorama with. Thinking of the amount of shelf space it will take up is keeping me from starting that project.
Maybe "in the not too distant future...somewhere A.D.!"

Phil K

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Paul that looks great!!

It must be huge, too. That is the Bandai "Real Monster Series" Gamera from about 1980 which is about 12" high on his own.

Good to see him out and about!
Thanks, and thanks for identifying the kit! I bought it in a plastic bag with no instructions and nothing to identify it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts