Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. Can someone tell me more about Gama diecasts 1:43 gold look? I have 4 pieces and i dont found anything about these ones(example pics, prices etc).

Attachments

·
Registered
All sorts
686 Posts
They aren't "gold look", they are 24 karat gold plated. There should be a certificate with them in form of a card attached with a golden string. They usually sell for 40-50 Euros.
I hitherto only knew of three, so if you have a fourth, I'd like to know about it.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
@Tito88 I moved your post over to the diecast section were more people will see it.

What are the four cars that you have?

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
@Baron von Zach is this the same company (maker)

·
Registered
All sorts
686 Posts
[anorak mode]

The correct way of writing the name of the company is GAMA, all upper case, since it's an acronym of its founder's name Georg Adam Mangold.

[/anorak mode]

Also, the Minette series of 3 inch models comprised Formula 1, Endurance Prototypes as well as normal passenger cars. I have never seen a commercial vehicle from that series, so I would like to learn about those, too.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
There are 2 different gold colors of castings currently listed on ebay. One group is a pale gold and the others are a greenish/yellow gold.

Which ones are the ones you know of @Baron von Zach ?

Which are the four that you have @Tito88 ?

We would love to see photos of all them you guys have. Either in this thread or over in the Gama forum.

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
[anorak mode]

The correct way of writing the name of the company is GAMA, all upper case, since it's an acronym of its founder's name Georg Adam Mangold.

[/anorak mode]

Also, the Minette series of 3 inch models comprised Formula 1, Endurance Prototypes as well as normal passenger cars. I have never seen a commercial vehicle from that series, so I would like to learn about those, too.

Well first off, I dont own a parka. So anorak mode might prove difficult for me. And it is suppose to be 90 degrees Fahrenheit today!

Secondly, the authors of the Small Scale Diecast Encyclopedia capitalized all the brand name entrys in their book. So it is kind of difficult to tell which are supposed to be all caps in real life and not. But I will update the listed information for your mode and as either of you add castings or information about GAMA. 🤙

·
Registered
All sorts
686 Posts
Don't mistake models painted gold metallic for these 24 kt gold plated examples. You wouldn't if you saw them in real life. The plated ones don't look painted. And yes, GAMA's metallics were always very fine, almost like pearl.

The genuinely gold plated models I know were all issued in 1989 and they are the

• Mercedes-Benz 300 CE [W124] shown here
  • VW 1302
  • Opel GT

They have these deeply tinted windows and headlight lenses where applicable. The baseplates are also gold plated, whereas on painted models, they are bare.

Here is one of the Beetles for sale:

Attachments

·
Administrator
34,421 Posts
Looks like there might be one of the Opel GTs currently listed as well. (Gold label on box.) I dont see the paper tag underneath the back of the casting though.

·
Registered
All sorts
686 Posts
No, the gold labelled Präzisionsmodelle was an entire series, not just the gold plated ones.
This is just a gold metallic painted model. The real gold ones do look like they are plated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts