Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, went to Federation Models, hoping to find the Galileo shuttlecraft resin kit that's super accurate. I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can go to order this kit?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Resin Ranger is who I believe made the kit. I have one I bought a few years ago. Great kit. Very accurate.

Haven't unpacked it since I moved last February.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,226 Posts
I'm guessing Resin Ranger has shot his load and isn't making kits any more. He also produced the speedboat shuttle kit, which I stupidly never got around to buying. Resin Ranger is no longer listed at fed Models.

·
Never lost for words
2,123 Posts
Would this be the same Galileo that Federation was selling at WFest? It was 1/72nd scale and made by Alliance.

Jim

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
No, I think Mark's Gallileo was closer to 1/32. I think Federation Models bought out the molds, so you could email Tracey and ask him.

John P - I may have an extra speedboat shuttle kit, if you want it. Email me on the backside and I'll send you a photo of the kit.

Ross

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RossW, tell me about the speedboat shuttle. If you are interested in getting it off your mind email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

I'll check Federation Models and see if I can email Tracey from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am the one who was responsible for making the patterns for the Galileo and the Speedboat shuttles. They were retired but are due to make a comeback by popular demand under the Alliance Models banner thru Federation Models. Not sure on the availability because of Tracy's recent move to Florida but keep an eye out for them if your still interested. I am also the one responsible for the 1/72 scale Galileo that made it's debut at WF.
Marc :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hey, come to the Computer Modeling board and take a look at our Galileo thread! Just go right down below here to the Forum Jump.

Warning; the plans you find may lead to itchy fingers...

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Oddly, the most accurate version of the O.S. shuttlecraft I've come across is the 8" pewter "paperweight" put out by the Franklin Mint in the mid 90's. They got it right down to the last detail -- and I should know; I grew up a few doors down from a guy who, for a time, owned the full-scale shuttlecraft built by A.M.T. for the series. From 1974 until some time in the early 80's, the Galileo sat rusting in this fellow's front yard. As kids we used it as a clubhouse; in highschool we used it for other, ah, less innocent purposes.

My neighbor eventually sold the shuttle (it was in terrible shape, the elements having taken their toll over the years), and I lost track of it's whereabouts. I seem to recall being told that someone had restored it, but I can't be certain. In any case, I've always been particularly nostolgic when it comes to this ship, and would love to see someone produce a truly accurate model. Until then, the Frankling Mint version will have to suffice.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Me too - I want an accounting of all the unsavory things that went on in that shuttlecraft! For posterity's sake, of course!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts