Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Thanks Richard!

This years turn out was a bit sorter than last years but everyone had fun! especially at Alfy's Pizza after the contest, Bob the shop owner springed for the grub...what a guy!

Good work all! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Cool stuff, guys, I wish I lived up there with amidst all that talent! Some of the winners and entries, I either know or can guess who did what. Who did the B&W Thing? Love that, and the La Brea Tar Pits. That Joker dio, that's gotta be Tony's work, right?

Wish I coulda been there. Gonna be tough to compete against all that next year.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Howdy Dreamer :wave:

We missed seeing ya this year :(

The Thing is the work of Terry Moore, a very cool build at that!

Yep the Tar pit is a very nice resin kit done by our very own F91! and yes you guessed correctly on the Joker dio it's Tony's work AGAIN! :rolleyes:

Seeaya at next years contest!

·
Registered
701 Posts
dreamer said:
Cool stuff, guys, I wish I lived up there with amidst all that talent!
You know Jeff, it's not all that far away.;) With a year's notice, we EXPECT to see you here next time. BTW, I wouldn't worry about the talent. You've managed to take home your share if First Place plaques the last few years.

Hopefully I'll have my pics uploaded by Monday evening.

·
Registered
38 Posts
dreamer said:
Cool stuff, guys, I wish I lived up there with amidst all that talent! Some of the winners and entries, I either know or can guess who did what. Who did the B&W Thing? Love that, and the La Brea Tar Pits. That Joker dio, that's gotta be Tony's work, right?

Wish I coulda been there. Gonna be tough to compete against all that next year.
Hey, Dreamer! Am I THAT transparent with my work that you can recognize it in a snap? :rolleyes: Ah, but did you see the King Kong (8th Wonder) or the Invisible Man and wonder who did those? That's me, too! Ha-ha!! :p

Seriously though, that was a really fun experience this year, even with the lower turnout of models. You were definitely missed, Jeff, and Steve's right: you MUST be there in 2005! ;)

Tony P.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I wish I could have attended this year. I was really looking forward to being there and being able to spend more than just an hour, like last time (it was late in the day and I had to hurry back to SeaTac).

The Seattle area is one of my all-time favorite places. Unfortunately, I am not healed enough yet to do extensive travel. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Tony, I loved those too! Wondered which other builds might be yours...someday I'd like to see your whole collection.

Steve, I'll be there - this time I'll have something done, and then it's just a matter of bumming a ride or finding better shipping if I take the train (love that train ride).

Rich, that's a gorgeous paint job on the Tar Pits!

Ditto Chris Doll's work on the X-Wing.

I see a number of bases from David (U.S.S. Absolute). Did he make it this year or were those ordered by others? I haven't seen his name on the BBs for quite a long time.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff, thanks, I appreciate that. Dave was there too, he did the 22" Enterprise popping a wheelie. Tony's work is , of course , flawless. I can only hope that one day.....

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Hiya Trek Ace! :wave:

Thats cool! you just make sure you get your butt up here next year!

Healed?.....what happend?...did I miss something? :(

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I had to have emergency surgery to have my gall bladder removed. Ordinarily, not an uncommon operation, but mine was so full of stones and inflamed to the point that it involved making larger than normal incisions to remove it. That was over three weeks ago and I am just now able to get up and about on my own (and feeling much, much better!).

Wish I could have been there. You guys are a very nice bunch and extremely talented. It was a sincere pleasure to meet all of you last year. That Spindrift of yours, Fluke, was the best I have ever seen. Far better than the original studio miniature.

Hopefully, I can make the trip up there next year.

ACE

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Ha! I love it!! 'DARTH BILL'

FAR OUT!!!! :lol:

Welome to the boards Darth! ...yup...Me and Bill da Cat go way back! :D

Good to hear your feeling better Ace! yep next year for sure and THANK YOU for the kind words on my SPINDRIFT....with luck It may make it to WONDERFEST next year....I just started a new job today ( I'm going back for my Journeymans electrical card ) but I still have 3 years to go...oh well ) So I will need to see about getting a few days off...gulp!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts