Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
He hasn't finish it yet, so someone can still do there own. BTW how's you Battlestar Model coming along? Looks like you finished the plans, have you started building?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am surprised, I think it would be an easier model to build. Yes there are like 200 ribs, but you don't have to search through all of creation and then pay through the nose for parts of model kits that have not been in production since 1975. Also there are like a hundred studio scale Galacticas built, this would be something unique, not even the production has one. I am talkin cool factor, look at that guys MarkII, that thing Kicks Ass, imagine going to one of these Cons with that under your arm. Just a thought.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Captain_April said:
I am surprised, I think it would be an easier model to build. Yes there are like 200 ribs, but you don't have to search through all of creation and then pay through the nose for parts of model kits that have not been in production since 1975. Also there are like a hundred studio scale Galacticas built, this would be something unique, not even the production has one. I am talkin cool factor, look at that guys MarkII, that thing Kicks Ass, imagine going to one of these Cons with that under your arm. Just a thought.
Have you really taken a close look at the new Galactica. There are tiny "model" parts all over it. The CGI guy went through the trouble of modeling the old parts from the original Galactica and placeing them all over the new one. I have no intention of building a studio scale model anyway. There is no logic in having a 6 foot model in your living room. Mine is 1/2500th scale and 29" long. I can scratch build any detail I want so there is no need to spend $6000 on vintage models to decorate her. I know exactly how to build the new Galactica and frankly I am not quite ready to go there just yet. I still need a little more referece for her too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Oh in that case, best of luck, 29" is a nice size for that ship, I still love the original. Who knows when your done you may be able to case off of the detail of the original to use on the new one.Build them in the same scale, now that would be cool.BTW post shots of you original BG, I love WIP shots.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am tracing the orthographic renderings that were posted by Lee Stringer, the main man responsible for the new Galactica design and build. I am still lamenting the lack of an orthograohic rear view, but I hear that one will be on the way.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cobywan said:
Here's a minor update that actually represents another 40 hours of drafting. To reiterate, the pictures are poor translations of the CAD drawing. I am finding better ways for converting the drawings but the file sizes are imense. Speakinf of which this picture is immense.

http://home.comcast.net/~cobywan/Images/Galactica2003_2500th.gif
I updated the previous picture to include a rear view. I got a little help so there you go.
I now need to get real close and find the little problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts