Hobbyist Forums banner

G230RC fuel/oil ratio for 110 octane?

9K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  GILYHANTREE 
#1 ·
could someone give me the correct fuel/oil ratio for a G230RC zenoah engine?

#6 ·
Contact Jeff Davis/qsac co-chair and he can help u get the 110 or 116 vp blue racing fuel. I would strongly suggest u run 2 and 1/2 ounces oil per gallon of gas . I have been running the vp blue racing fuel for years and i would not run my motor with 2 oz. per gallon. I have discussed this with the rep. from vp racing fuel and that is what he recommended to me. Hope this helps u.

#10 ·
FWIW on the mixing ratio using Sabre.

If you guys are aiming at a ratio of 50:1 that requires 2.6 ounces of oil per gallon of fuel. The AMSOIL SABRE 2 stroke oil is formulated to be mixed in ratios of 100:1. That would be 1.3 ounces of oil per gallon of fuel.

That being said, I would not recommend running the engines at 100:1, but I have seen it done. Not in these engines, but in 39cc 10HP+ pocket bike engines carrying riders 200lbs or more at some high speeds.

The ratio that is recommended by QSAC, 2 ounces per gallon, is 64:1, which is actually a richer mix, fuel-wise.

Something to keep in mind is the more oil per gallon you use, you are actually running the engine leaner. There is less fuel in the fuel/oil mix. Now all of this can be compensated by jetting and needle adjustment.

Also keep in mind that the higher the octane in the fuel, the harder it is to get a complete burn, it is also harder to ignite. That is why if your engine "pings" (predetonating) it is recommended to run a higher octane fuel. It is harder to ignite. All of this is assuming there are no additives in the fuel to help with ignition. Such as oxegenating agents.

I do think you are very safe at running the engines with 2oz of Sabre per gallon of fuel. That is using SABRE ONLY. If you are using your favorite brand of 2 stroke oil and it is formulated for 50:1, 40:1 or 32:1, then stay with the 2.6 ounces per gallon of fuel to be sure to provide good lubrication to your engine.

Me personally, that AMSOIL is hard to beat. It is all I used in our race engines and we were a AMSOIL dealer for several years until I closed the shop. Any other info on the AMSOIL oils can be found on the AMSOIL website. www.amsoil.com

Hope this helped.

#12 ·
QSAC was caught flatfooted when Sabre oil came out. A considerable effort when into the 64:1 ratio when QSAC finally switched its recommendation from Dominator to Sabre oil.

The single biggest reason VP is the recommended fuel is for its anti-vapor locking qualities. This has been a problem in the past. With the compression ratios we run we certainly don't need the octane.

#16 ·
I am still in the building stage of my car and have not ran it so with that said, here comes my "newbie" question.......

Do you see a noticable performance gain out of the higher octane "race fuel" (110 or whatever) verses standard high octane unleaded (91) given that the motor does not have a very high compression ratio?

#18 ·
And plugs will foul out more easily with the lower octane fuel. Otherwise not much if any difference...
If it is colder, you probably don't need C12, C16, Q16, or Turbo Blue which is about 112 octane... Only when the outside tempature gets to above 80

#21 · (Edited)
All qsac sanction motors are the same no matter there track application with the usable compression these motors have any octane over 111 is a waste of money and 100 is the minimal for warm temps being 85 or below so it won't vapor lock I have gotten my best performance at 110 octane and that's at 100+ outside temps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.