Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Very nice paintwork in the cockpit and wheel wells :thumbsup: That is cool to see four of them going together at the same time! I look forward to seeing these completed.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Kirk, these will keep me busy for a while but when these are finished I have even more of them from last year to finish.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
That cockpit detail is amazing.
the detail in the wheelwell's is downright shocking.
it is fantastic to see a group being assembled like this.
Great Work.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
You're getting good at this (he said ironically).

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

I should have some new update pics by Sunday but I have found a problem with the leading edge of the 1/32 scale Fw 190 and need to fix it before I can proceed with my builds.
BTW, the three models that you see in this thread are a 1/48 Dragon Fw 190D-9, 1/48 scale Tamiya Fw 190D-9, and 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190A-8 converted to an ultra rare big tail Fw 190A (yes there were some of these built).

Agentsmith

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks roadrner,
I will try and get more in-progress pics posted soon...it might not be today though.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Looks excellent! I wish someone would come up with the Romanian I.A.R 80/81's in styrene. I'd build a bunch of them just like you are with the 190's.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,235 Posts
Looks excellent! I wish someone would come up with the Romanian I.A.R 80/81's in styrene. I'd build a bunch of them just like you are with the 190's.
I have a 1/48 kit by one of those limited run Czech companies. Styrene parts, resin cockpit, vac canopy. Keep meaning to get to it, it's a darn pretty airplane.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks MadCap!

I started doing the mottling on the Tamiya Fw 190 D-9, the aircraft I am doing is of a Fieseler built Dora and am trying to copy the Fieseler factory style of mottling.

Next I will add the RLM 74 color to the fuselage.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is another in-progress pic, as you can see I have painted on the JG 2 RVD band and have also started putting on the decals.
Later today all the decals should be on the model and will post another pic today.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Mike!

Now the fun part can begin...the weathering, this is the part of making models that I enjoy the most (besides painting).

Agentsmith

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks MP!

The pics below don't show the weathering very well but its there, on this model I will keep the weathering very subtle and to scale. Since these pics were taken I airbrushed more exhaust stains on the model.

I also added some weathering to the landing gear doors of my 1/32 scale Fw 190A-10, there will be more weathering later on these parts.

Agentsmith

1 - 20 of 88 Posts