Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. It seems like Mattel is on to something with introducing TV/Movie cars in their mainline series. And, yea, I've been suckered into buying a couple of them mostly for nostalgic reasons. Here's just some ideas I've had for future HW mainline TV/Movie vehicles;

"Simon and Simon" Dodge Power Wagon
"The Car" (movie)...nuff said there.
"Emergency" An actual Dodge Squad 51 paramedic truck (and NOT rescue ranger version that's already out)
"sp...sp...sp...Speed Buggy!!

I could have gone on and on, but I just want to throw a few cars out there I hopes that others would chime in with their ideas. Take care.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
HW is doing a stand alone movie/tv car series coming later this year called Retro. It will include all of the currently released movie cars; Mystery Machine, KITT, BTTF, Ghostbusters, as well as new releases.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay. Maybe this one went over everyone's head. Because I'm 51 years old I remember watching the lat 60's early 70's television shows that feature cars from various car makers. And because I'm Mopar faithful, I do remember seeing these cars used on the shows, Let me run down the list;

The Ghost and Mrs Muir - Richard Dreyfus drove a 1968 Dodge Dart Conv. with the recall Cosworth wheels.

Medical center - Chad Everett drove a 1972 Dodge Challenger conv. The last year for the Challenger conv. was 71. Hollywood took a 71 conv and modified it to look like a 72 conv. None were ever produced for public sale.

Mannix - He drove a 1972 Barracuda conv. Same thing as the 72 Challenger conv. Hollywood changed a 71 Barracuda conv. to look like a 72. None were produced for public sale.

Doris Day Show - Doris drove a 71 dodge charger. What was unique about this car is that it had clear windows. Production cars had tinted windows. The clear windows allowed camera shots of Doris while she was in the car.

Should I continue?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Not that I ever watched Starsky & Hutch, but their mid-70's Ford Tornino was pretty distinctive, and I don't think Hot Wheels has a casting of that one yet.

The Retro series I'm really looking forward to. A-Team van, Magnum PI's car, Muppet bus! ( I had to look that one up to remember how crazy it was) etc. It should be a good set.

"Emergency" An actual Dodge Squad 51 paramedic truck (and NOT rescue ranger version that's already out)
Or a variation of the Bomb Squad truck either. I like how you're thinking Mopar. Far and wide!

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
I Want Them All.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about Bill Bixbys Corvette from "The Magician".
Darren MacGavin drove a mustang conv in the "Kolchak" TV show.
I think I remember someone say there was a Beverly Hillbillies truck in the works?

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I second this. I want a Hot Wheels Starsky & Hutch Torino. :thumbsup:

JL put those out a few years ago, along with many of the cars mentioned here.
Not being a big Die cast guy (slot cars are my thing) I have to ask: does the fact that it's Hot Wheels make it more meaningful or valuable?

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Here are a few more:

While we're talking about the Muppet bus, how about their "Bullet Nose" Studebaker?
An "Adam-12" patrol car - Belvedere, Satellite, or Matador,
"Herbie" ('nuff said!),
A "Rockford Files" Firebird Esprit,
A "McQ" Brewster Green '74 Trans Am,
A "Kojak" Buick Century,
A "Burke's Law" Bentley...

And best of all, an "Ultra Man" CORVAIR! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know that Speed Racer lines have not done that well, but what about the Mammoth car, with all of those trailers following behind....

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Any of the Brady Bunch family haulers would be good. I think they may have had a VistaCruiser at one point too.

Also,

* Fall Guy GMC Sierra pickup... It's been done before, but not lately.

* Miami Vice topless white Ferrari Testarossa... Hey, why not?

* James Bond's blue Sunbeam Alpine from Dr.No... This would be a great casting to have anyway,
and could also double as Maxwell Smart's Sunbeam Tiger from Get Smart for extra marketing value.

* Hawaii Five-O black '68 Mercury Park Lane... When's the last time you saw a 1:64 Mercury Park Lane?

* Sgt. Mac's Plymouth Satellite wagon from Adam-12. Or any of his other wagons.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Wait... 2nd page and no one has suggested THE FAMILY TRUCKSTER yet??

How about "VIPER" done in diecast, I know there was a slot car set back during the short run of the tv series.

The "Short Bus" from Dumb & Dumberer

Why haven't Hot Wheels done any Mad Max vehicles yet?

I know JL did some of the Simpsons' cars.. but there are so many they never made including the "Persephone" and the Duff beer truck that I would like seen made.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts