Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Future works okay on a chromed car, specifically a JL pullback? I'm putting some decals on a red chrome Camaro and I want to know if I can seal them with the old dip-n-drip Future method, or if it'll dpo anything weird to the finish...

thanks in advance...

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nonono... i want to keep the chrome. it's a JL pullback body. i just want to know if the Future will damage the chrome...

--rick

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
Rick, I used 3-4 coats of Future floor wax on a bunch of mine and never had a problem at all (I never do the "dunk em and hang em" method.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Thanks for the link Pug_WD. I didn't know you could do this?????

If you want to create your own shades of transparent colors, food coloring can be mixed with Future for the desired effect. Tamiya clear colors work well as toners also. If you mess up, you haven't invested as much money as you would combining clear paints.

For those gold tinted canopies on contemporary jet fighters try adding a few drops of Tamiya acrylic gold to a couple teaspoons of Future.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Hmmmmmm....might be an issue if you botch the future Rick. I'd do a test on a turd and see how you like it.

One uses ammoniated products to remove both Future AND chrome...right?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the link Pug_WD. I didn't know you could do this?????

If you want to create your own shades of transparent colors, food coloring can be mixed with Future for the desired effect. Tamiya clear colors work well as toners also. If you mess up, you haven't invested as much money as you would combining clear paints.

For those gold tinted canopies on contemporary jet fighters try adding a few drops of Tamiya acrylic gold to a couple teaspoons of Future.

Thats exactly the part I copied and was going to quote.

Great and very informative link. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did a dip-n-drip. seems like it came out fine. pix later this evening when it's dry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts