Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to use Future Floor Finish for the first time as a gloss. I've read about using it in an airbrush but I'm just wanting to use it to do some eyes and some teeth with a hand brush. Is there anything I should know before I attempt this?

Thanks

Ben

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
septi',

Future can be airbrushed because it's almost as runny as water. So make sure not to load your paint brush with too much Future or it can drip over the non-glossy areas of your model. If it does, you can wipe the drip off with a moist rag and then finish with a little soap and water.

Good luck and make sure to post photos of those shiny teeth and eyeballs! :eek:

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Brush paints just like any other thin paint. Don't use too much. It can be cleaned up or removed with Windex (which will also remove acrylic paints so be careful there). It's very useful. FYI the product is now Pledge With Future Shine and comes in two versions; one for wood floors (don't buy) and for hard floors (more or less the same as the old stuff).

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I've airbrushed entire models with it when they were done. I airbrushed my Batmobiles and my Moebius Hudson completely, except the tires. I can also hide minor blemishes in clear plastic parts. And with figures when I am finished and they have a coat of dull cote on them I hand brush Future over the eyes and mouth and any other things that should be glossy rather than matte.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a bottle, barely used, of the original Future which I bought about 9 years ago. I believe I can still use it. Still clear; no sign of degradation. I only used it in the past to dip clear parts for car builds. Worked very nicely; made parts look more realistic than original, even if it's been worked over with Novus. I'm also gearing up to use it as a thinner and then, if necessary, as a clear coat. Excited to see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts