Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I saw some new 1/24 scale plastic kits at TRU that are now being sold as JLs only (no AMT logos on the box) but they did not have the 1/64 cars with them. I think they were $8.99 or $9.99. The ones I saw were the blue 2004 GTO & the gold 1964 GTO, using the same photos as before, combined with new red & black JL box art; the cars are unpainted snap-together kits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw 2 Nomad kits w/ the 1/64th car...white interior, unsure of the base!!!!! What's the best way to tell if it is a WL or not???

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Redline442 said:
Saw 2 Nomad kits w/ the 1/64th car...white interior, unsure of the base!!!!! What's the best way to tell if it is a WL or not???
Regular has white interior...unless Ive seen about 100 WLs...I think the base is white...kinda tough to tell in the little window, but it can be done :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
I was in a hobby shop the other day and saw the Nomad, yellow Challenger, a GTO (66 or 67 I think) some Firebird, a 58 Impala and a Dodge Daytona! In WallMart, I've seen the Challenger, GTO and the ice cream truck.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The first four 1:24 kits issues with a 1:64 JL casting were:
- '55 Chevy Nomad
- '05 Ford GT
- '04 Pontiac GTO
- '64 Pontiac GTO
I believe that all of these were released for sale in June 2006.
Recently, a few more kits have been released.

TheDarkCutlass, the kit that you saw is actually a Challenger and not a Cuda.
They do look very similiar.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
accobra64 said:
TheDarkCutlass, the kit that you saw is actually a Challenger and not a Cuda.
They do look very similiar.

Cheers. Cobra
Thanks for the info, im sure if i looked at it closer i would of remembered, but i just took a quick glance at it, saw "wow, new" and put it back down and walked away.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
TheDarkCutlass said:
Thanks for the info, im sure if i looked at it closer i would of remembered, but i just took a quick glance at it, saw "wow, new" and put it back down and walked away.
I know the feeling.
I was like that when I first saw the Nomad.
After walking by and glancing at it a few times, I decided to buy it.
Later I bought the Ford GT.
I was never interested in either of the Pontiac GTOs.
I don't think that the GTOs were big sellers.

Now, if I had seen the Challenger kit in a local store, I am sure that I would have bought it. It may show up in the near future.

BYW, the Nomad is a very nice kit that can be built several ways.
The Ford GT can actually be built as a snap-fit model.

Cheers. Cobra

1 - 18 of 18 Posts