Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Its small Rich...I seen the only one in the US two weeks ago...Don Rice of Futaba has one. Its smaller than a Rivergate Bulldog 30 amp powersuply!! Its suppppppper trick!! A must have!! LOL

ea

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Thanks, Eric! Wow! Well, that makes me want it even more. Now I just need to scrounge up $500 so that I can also have the thermo tray.

-Rich

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
A release date of April! my birthday is in July!oh honey, guess what I want for my birthday? LOL Seriously though no motor run feature? all that technology without a major feature like that missing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Cripes, for that much money it better wash my car and clean my bathtub.

·
Registered
524 Posts
What's the deal with motor break-in and running a lathe though? That is a huge part of what makes the the Turbo 30's-gfx a decent value. It's something I use EVERY time I'm at the track.

The charger does seem pretty trick, but if it can't run a motor it won't be worth it to many, many people.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I agree with hank but I would at least want the feature for that kinda money.Then again you do get the thermo tray instead of the motor feature I guess,which does me no good cause I run six cell spec class.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I just got information back that the charger DOES NOT include the ability to run motors or lathes. While that feature is nice (I have it in my GM charger) have now use a seperate PS for motors and lathes. Too many times have I been charging batteries and wanted to cut a comm or break-in a motor and couldn't. The seperate PS allows me to do that so it isn't a show stopper for me.

A got a lot more info on the charger and all I can say it may be an invaluable charger if you really want to know the state of your batteries. Looking through the info it allows monitoring of each cell and gives a "match" percentage. Also gives you the average voltage during the first part, the middle part and last part of the cycle. It shows this info on both charging and discharging.

The graph screens show the following:
#1 Pack Charge Voltage & Temperature vs time (graph form)
#2 Pack Discharge Voltage & Temperature vs time (graph form)
#3 Each single cell Charge Voltage vs time (graph form)
#4 Each single cell Discharge Voltage vs time (graph form)
#5 Voltage of each cell during charge (numeric)
#6 Voltage of each cell during charge (graph form)
#7 Peak voltage of each cell (graph form)
#8 Average Voltage of each cell discharge (graphic form)
#9 Temperature and Humidity (graph form)

Hummmm.... interesting stuff!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Bodido said:
Actually pepe.... I believe the tray is an option.... not included.
Bodido,your right I just thought about that,But with the new info from hank this thing may just prove to be a real asset to the arsenal.Looks like it would look good sitting on top of the GFX.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I wonder if they are going to be released on time,or will it take several months after the release date like every other rc manufacture!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts