Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Futaba 9650 Servos the case has (in the tower picture) extra mounting tabs.

Are you guys that use these...cutting these tabs off?

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
yes. i used wire cutters to cut the extra tabs off. than i took a hobby knife (or exacto knife) and just cut the rest off. i think what it was made for were planes but they are awsome in our cars too.

Rusty NutZ

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
well quit being so damn rough with your equipment ken. lmao just kidding bud. like ken said, you can use a dremel also. (probably your best bet. just that i didnt have one at the time i needed it)

Rusty NutZ

·
Registered
334 Posts
Joe, These are the same tabs as on the airtronics 94141 servo. They are used for wing mounting in airplanes. The best and neatest way I have found through the years is cutting them off w/ ***** and then I cut a sanding stick down to the width of the tab... Round the corners so it looks nice a pretty. I do use the dremel when there are chunks of plastic left. 1/2 inch sanding drum fine grit and low power!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
omnis85 said:
becareful doing that, I would use a dremel cut and sand. I broke some of the case off when using plyers.

DITTO.. Mine broke the case open...LOL...I had to buy another lower half and have since been using a dremel..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts