Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone using the futaba 4PL.. obviously i would prefer the 4PK but i just cant throw 500.00 at a radio right now.. i currently have a spektrum dx3r and its ok i just prefer futaba..

i am just looking for a little feedback from people who use the 4PL or has used it in the past..

any insight will be great

Thanks

Doughboy

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
I have one and love it. One thing guys will tell you is that it does not have a panic button for 100% steering. I don't really know as I like alot of steering in my cars.

The receivers are awesome, cheap to buy, and the newest have internal antenna's so you don't have to worry about routing.

One other thing that I think is cool is that the fhss aircraft receivers also work, so if you fly like I do you can run the same receivers for your plane as well as your car. * Finally!!! a receiver that works with cars and planes!!! Spektrum won't let you do that!!!!*

Some of the park flyer receivers are extremely light......... and they also have enough ports to run a transponder, receiver pack, etc with simplified wiring.

Range has never been an issue, and never got a glitch either.

The only gripe I see is the panic button, and who knows, maybe someone has figured a way around that by now.

I know I would not hesitate to buy another one.:thumbsup:

One last thing. I know they make a module to convert aircraft radios to futaba fhss. Maybe this module could be used for a 3pk?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You can set up a panic button on the 4PL. I have it working on my 4PL. I will look for the instructions and post them.

I have one and love it. One thing guys will tell you is that it does not have a panic button for 100% steering. I don't really know as I like alot of steering in my cars.

The receivers are awesome, cheap to buy, and the newest have internal antenna's so you don't have to worry about routing.

One other thing that I think is cool is that the fhss aircraft receivers also work, so if you fly like I do you can run the same receivers for your plane as well as your car. * Finally!!! a receiver that works with cars and planes!!! Spektrum won't let you do that!!!!*

Some of the park flyer receivers are extremely light......... and they also have enough ports to run a transponder, receiver pack, etc with simplified wiring.

Range has never been an issue, and never got a glitch either.

The only gripe I see is the panic button, and who knows, maybe someone has figured a way around that by now.

I know I would not hesitate to buy another one.:thumbsup:

One last thing. I know they make a module to convert aircraft radios to futaba fhss. Maybe this module could be used for a 3pk?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Oops....I forgot about this. Headed down stairs to get the radio and the manual right now. I will get it posted tomorrow. Sorry about not getting this done sooner!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ok, try this...

Go to main menu and select "DIAL SW"
arrow down to "switch" and select it
Under SW1.PSH change "TYP" to "prgmix"
hit the main button to go back a page
Select "advance" should be on main menu page
select "program mix"
Mode = off
left = +100 (or the max steering amount you want I use 80)
Right = +100 (or the max steering amount you want I use 80)
MST = STR
SLV = STR
MXMD = OFF
TRIM = OFF
EXIT out and try it...
If you have the D/R turned down (mine is 56) under the steering menu, when you push the momentary switch on the grip you will go from the reduced D/R steering setting to the higher program mix setting. Let up on the switch and you are back to the reduced D/R setting.

Let me know if it works!! Thank you

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks!

Ok, try this...

select "program mix"
Mode = off
MST = STR
SLV = STR
MXMD = OFF
TRIM = OFF
EXIT out and try it...
If you have the D/R turned down (mine is 56) under the steering menu, when you push the momentary switch on the grip you will go from the reduced D/R steering setting to the higher program mix setting. Let up on the switch and you are back to the reduced D/R setting.

I'm also letting everyone who has a 4PL, that this DOES work perfectly! Having had a 4PK, I did miss having the panic button on the PL, but thanks to this fix, we can have this added feature. So thanks to SJSTRETCH for posting it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got one of these radios for Christmas, It will take me a day or two to figure out what i need as a base starting point for 17.5 sportsman truck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok, try this...

select "program mix"
Mode = off
MST = STR
SLV = STR
MXMD = OFF
TRIM = OFF
EXIT out and try it...

Worked for me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts