Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
have never seen it before just now but i can tell you that the fasst system for the 3PK is awsome so the 3pm version will definately be up there with the 3pk. Futaba has the best radios out there so when they decided to make this radio, they knew what they were doing. i say get it. you will not be disappointed

Rusty NutZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,707 Posts
I just went to the Futaba site, I did not see where the 3PM supports FAST, it is an FM synthesised model, where the operators can select one of 30 channels on the transmiter and them the receiver.

Where as the fast auto selects channels in to 2.4 range, perhaps I missed something!!

After further review, the play will stand, I looked at the 3PM FS instead of the 3PM!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
Objectively, regarding the Futaba FAAST 2.4Ghz system versus the Spektrum 2.4Ghz Pro system, is there any real difference?

I have been reading about both systems. They seem equal in my estimation, but hoping someone with experience can provide an objective comparison of the two.

Regards,
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I ran the spectrum before the Fast. With the Spectrum I had ocasional slight glitches and a hard hit some times made the car loose its signal for a second or two. Since installing the Fast I have not had one problem plus it seems to feel crisper when going from one to the other... not a night and day difference but it is noticable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,685 Posts
Joe39 said:
Objectively, regarding the Futaba FAAST 2.4Ghz system versus the Spektrum 2.4Ghz Pro system, is there any real difference?

I have been reading about both systems. They seem equal in my estimation, but hoping someone with experience can provide an objective comparison of the two.

Regards,
Joe

You are RIGHT Joe there is NO difference only in the NAME on the radio.

I guess companies will do anything to sell product even play on words. :freak:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
RPM said:
You are RIGHT Joe there is NO difference only in the NAME on the radio.

I guess companies will do anything to sell product even play on words. :freak:
After doing some further investigation, in principal they are operating on the 2.4 GHz level. There are some subtle differences in the way they communicate between the radio and receiver, but I don't know whether we, the racers, could tell a difference or not.

The thing that turned me away from the Futaba was a line in the manual regarding F/S (Fail Safe). If you run in PPM mode (versus HRS), you have to reset the F/S everytime you power up. That is more hassle than I want to deal with everytime I go to run my car (quarter scale sprinter in this case).

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,829 Posts
Can you really tell the difference between the futaba FASST system and a JR Spektrum 3.0 on the track?? Some things I think are really to hard to tell.. For a guy like me that races mainly weekly club races and does not race any big races like the snowbirds, is the FASST system worth the cost??? I know the spek 3.0 does not have all the fine tune bells and whistles as the futaba FASST system. but is it worth the cost for a local racer like me? Just your thought
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
67-4-fun said:
Can you really tell the difference between the futaba FASST system and a JR Spektrum 3.0 on the track?? Some things I think are really to hard to tell.. For a guy like me that races mainly weekly club races and does not race any big races like the snowbirds, is the FASST system worth the cost??? I know the spek 3.0 does not have all the fine tune bells and whistles as the futaba FASST system. but is it worth the cost for a local racer like me? Just your thought
If you run the Spektrum and then put in the Fasst (same day) you will notice a SLIGHTLY crisper feeling. But after a pack or so that feeling wears off. So no, its not worth switching unless you are having problems with your Spektrum system.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top